1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy S Users (All Carriers)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Scionxa, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/21/samsung-comes-clean-with-galaxy-s-froyo-upgrade-dates-all-carri/

So Samsung has basically said that all carriers will be receiving this update by the end of the month. However, how has your experience been with this line of phones

I have an Epic 4g and I love it, however the GPS is a piece of crap that takes forever to lock on, and I can never get past a 30 meter accuracy in Google Maps. I know there's an update for the Captivate and Vibrant, but I'm not sure the Verizon and Sprint versions have gotten it. If you have either a Capitvate or Vibrant, has your GPS improved?

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Captivate GPS sucks, how do I check if I have the update?

3. Scionxa

You never received an OTA update?

4. KaiSeR SoZe

I got the phone in mid October so maybe it came with the update already?

5. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Vibrant - After the update my GPS improved dramatically. It usually takes 30 seconds or so to lock on but after that it does a pretty good job. But, I feel as if after the OTA update my swype messed up. Does anybody else have this problem?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Captivate here. When I got it I had heard so many bad things about the GPS that I had no worries, I pretty much assumed they'd fix it ASAP. I mean it was a pretty big mess. But I never had any problems with the GPS. Been working fine even before the update (I did get the update). Just waiting on Froyo now. I probably would have ended up with a Streak though if it didn't come with like the 1st version of Android.

7. Scionxa

Well hopefully Froyo gets here by the end of the month as Samsung has said but they have been falling off lately with their updates.
    Europe has started receiving Froyo.

Has anyone used the Media Hub?

8. KaiSeR SoZe

I should mention that I rooted the phone and am using a cognition rom with froyo on my captivate

9. Fatty FatBastard

Is this update supposed to come directly to your phone, or do I need to go to a website for the update?

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I think if you click Settings and then scroll down to the bottom and hit "Software Update" it will do it over the air, haven't tried it yet though.

11. Fatty FatBastard

It just says "no firmware" when I tried that.

(I do know my Telenav GPS is awful with loading as well as dropping service, so I'm hoping to get that corrected.)

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Then you are up to date.

13. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

All carriers in the UK, in November.

It's soon for the US carriers. Samsung is likely done porting 2.2(Froyo) over to the Galaxy S. Some of the carriers in the US take a long time to complete their testing, especially when they put their unique "carrier customization" bloatware on there.