1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good restaurants/bars to watch Rockets games...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Mar 9, 2007.

1. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Hello.

My TV has been broken for three months and I'm too lazy to fix it.

Anyway, I was wondering which places are good to watch Rockets games on a large TV with a good number of fans and minimal jerks/troublemakers?

I've been watching at Yao's restaurant, but service kind of sucks there. And it's way too much for Chinese food, especially since it's 10 minutes away from Chinatown.

2. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

What part of town are you talking about? If you are talking near Yao's, you could hit Nick's Place off of Westheimer. There is also a Buffalo Wild Wings on the other side of the belt that was pretty cool a few years ago. The onl thing about Nick's place is it is kind of small so you need to get there a bit early.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

usually when I get off of work by that area (Harwin/Corporate) I usually hit either Red Robin's bar off of Richmond/Beltway or Hooters on Gessner/Westhimer. At Hooters, I sit at the Texas table RIGHT SMACK in front of a Flat Screen, along with some Chix tenders :)

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

there's a wings n more on 59 near beechnut...haven't been there in awhile though

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If it's a Wednesday night and you're anywhere other than BW3, you're a moron. And I mean that in the nicest sense. :D

Seriously though, $.50 legs and $1.50 beers with their logo glass. I can get out of there for less than $15 after sitting there for four hours.

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I'd check this place out:

Link

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Annoying. Why do you, or anyone else, care if people contribute? If Clutch wanted to make it mandatory, he would.

8. Master Baiter

No, what's annoying is someone that's been here for years, hasn't contributed, and yet b****es about not having edit privileges.

9. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Well, I've never intentionally b****ed about having editing privilages...I only asked where the Edit button was. And thanks to your endless pestering, I'm definately not going to contribute anything now ( sorry, Clutch ). In fact, not having Editing privilages makes it bad for the board...that means everytime someone needs to edit something, they'll start posting unnecessary replies just to clarify. How is this an unconvenience for us?

Anyways, to the topic...

Thanks for all those who replied. I'll definately check out Buffalo Wild Wings or Hooters with Dave2000. I like crowds.

P.S.: I live near the Westheimer/Gessner area.

10. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

BTW, it may seem like I've been here since 2003, but I've only started posting now. I only have around 190 posts.

11. Dave2000

ill probably be there on Monday watching the Suns game when I get off at 9pm, the game starts at 830, but will zoom there right when i get off, if you'd like to join, i'll be there, its usually dead around those times, and sit in my same spot :)

12. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

I think I know what you look like.

Are you one of the guys in the photo with those power dancers you posted?

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If you've noticed him b****ing out of his 217 posts, then you probably need something better to do with your time.

And congrats, you've effectively cost Clutch money. There's no way I'd donate money if I was constantly hounded by people I didn't know to contribute money that isn't their own. It's easy for someone making $200k a year to spend other people's money, isn't it?

14. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

they sell $.50 chicken legs? wtf

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Only on Wednesdays. Best bar deal in town with the cheap beers. Of course, I'll still typically get the wings, but it's a cheap night nonetheless.

16. Dave2000

haha, how'd you know??? :p

17. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Wow, man, get a hobby.

I can read the "Contributing Member" under your name, but I hope you've contributed pretty heavily to walk around on your high horse.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Just saw his thread in the Feedback section. Not exactly b****ing about it, though.

19. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

i thought in order to post in the bbs you automatically have to donate?? i had to.

20. Master Baiter

I made one comment about it and then happen to come across another one of his post and made another comment jokingly. I then saw it got under his skin so made another comment knowing it was irritating. Thanks for handling the situation though, we definitely need your moderating.

The vast majority of the people here are contributing members and they come from all walks of life and income levels. I don't think a one time $5 - $10 contribution is going to kill anyone. We all know that it is a sore spot with you and your best buddy because he refuses to drop some coin. While I was joking when I made the first few comments, I honestly don't think it is going to kill anyone to contribute to this amazing venue that we all love.

As a matter of fact I'll lead by example. Clutch, you have some dinero on your way right now.