1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Radiohead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BrieflySpeaking, May 3, 2016.

1. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

After being weirdos and blanking from the internet, Radiohead has come back to the webz and dropped this song/video for us:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yI2oS2hoL0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

RHCP dropping a new song on thursday too.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOVE the strings and vocals, but I do miss the days of hearing actual drums and guitar on a Radiohead record.

Video kind of reminds me of the Paranoid Android video.

5. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to reunite the crew that was in the box at Toyota Center last time Radiohead came through town.

#5 cwebbster, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Damn that was 4 years ago.....

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This is better than anything off King of Limbs. It looks like they didn't pull an Animal Collective and release two clunkers in a row.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nice, I dig it. Can't really watch the video right now, looks f'ed up as usual.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

First of all... F yes... we are getting a new Radiohead album. That's always a cause for celebration. Whether you are a huge fan, or not, I don't think anyone can deny the fact that they push the envelop for what music traditions are supposed to be, and everything they do (hit or miss) is always interesting.

Reg new sound-

Interesting to hear them go with a heavy string instruments like what sound like a Cello, Violin, and maybe some type of Ukulele on top of each other. You can really hear Johnny Greenwoods influence from all the film production he's been working on with his sounds.

I'd say that post Reckoner Thom Yorke has found his vocal progression and is likely sticking with it on the new record.

The visuals were crazy, different, and totally Radiohead at the same time. Claymation figures burning a dude alive. I'm sure there is heavy symbolism there that I need to go back and figure out what they are getting at. This seams like it might be a little more on the nose than some of their past work.. although Hail to the Thief (the Commander & Chief) was pretty damn on the nose.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I still remember pretty much anyone that wasn't on the floor being pissed off about the sound in the TC. Easily one of the worst concert venues sound wise if you are not on the floor.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I love what they have done over the last few years. I didn't love the KOL that much but there were still some great songs (Bloom, Little by Little).

Songs that were not on albums were the highlights. Namely Identikit and Staircase.

I really like this song. B/w this and Spectre, you can see where they are going. Still think there will be some guitar and etc on the new album.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I've seen Radiohead and Muse at TC...not a fan of the acoustics. I'll still go there if I don't have a choice though (looking at you Drake in September).
    House of Blues to this point is probably my favorite venue out of local places, other than Cynthia Woods -- but I haven't seen a concert there.

#12 seclusion, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Would definitely be down for another suite. Kam, make it happen.

Sound from the suite > sound from the stands. I remember being at the Muse show back in 09 and Silversun Pickups opened for them and I could barely hear them.

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I knew something good was coming with all the weirdness on their website and twitter.

So I've seen that the single will be available tomorrow or Friday, but has anyone heard when the album is going to drop?

Also hope they add more venues to their tour. Come to Texas!!!

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

They've never put out anything that wasn't at least interesting- and most are great. OK Computer, The Bends, Kid A, Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief, In Rainbows, Pablo Honey, King of Limbs.

Anytime you want an example of how uplifting and transcendent music can be, you just listen to this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-Z_NvVMUcG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Thank-you, Radiohead <strike>you're</strike> your early albums were good and they included guitars and drums -- ambient sound and vocals for a decade gets really old.

#16 KingCheetah, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Apparently this song is supposed to be about Donald Trump.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I'm probably wrong. I read an article earlier today while I was studying. I only skimmed it though. It was saying something "Trumptonshire" perhaps the guy that wrote it was trying to reference that to make it more interesting.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member