1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Friday Deals 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Oct 16, 2014.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yeah it is done. I only found out tonight.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

You're right on the first point, and pretty off on the rest. I saw the TV at the store, liked it, wanted it, saw that it could be financed with no interest, and bought it. I only regret not doing research first and buying a slightly better model. But had I have done that I probably wouldn't have bought it due to the price. Because as you said, I didn't NEED a new TV.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

File this under Cyber Monday.

Microcenter has 70" 1080p 120Hz LED Smart HDTV from Vizio on sale this Monday. In store pick-up only. That's too much tv for me.

4. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

lol :grin:

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How much?

6. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

$1299.99

EDIT: Just checked and it's the same price on Amazon.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I did get the 7150 model. I got the last one in stock, too. It's a pretty good TV from what I've seen so far. The one bummer is it didn't have threaded mount holes in the back. It turns out you have to get an extra wall adapter mount kit as stated in the manual to mount it. Seriously? Could it kill the bastards to simply have threaded holes for the mount? Obviously, they are not going to include the wall mount adapter kit (except with the 65") to save money. That really pissed me off when I got home and saw that. I wanted to decapitate Santa.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The TV does have regular threads in the back. I mounted mine on a TV stand I had previously. The only difficulty is that the included bolts weren't long enough.

My TV mount could fit many standard mountings: 100x100, 200x200, 400x400. This TV is 400x400 and uses M8 bolts. The mount I had included 4 M8x40mm bolts and the plastic spacers. Unfortunately, those bolts weren't long enough, so I had to go to the store to find longer bolts. M8x50mm worked perfectly so look for those. You might not find them at Home Depot or Lowes, I had to go to a special nuts and bolt store to find them and they weren't Phillips heads either, just hex socket.

Also, look through the Avsforum thread on 7150s. A poster by Z-Mad has in-depth calibration settings.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Thanks. Yea...someone else with me was installing the back bracket to mount the TV. He initially said there was no threading but...there is...it's just not fully threaded and is down in there. Then, he saw the adapter kit text in the manual and assumed it was required. I'll have to check if the bolts that came with the mount are long enough.

As far as the calibration settings, I'll check them out. I've seen a few peeps' settings. One site said to use the PC setting and turn off all the auto features like auto motion plus or whatever. I've never been very good with these settings and getting them just right. What looks good to me probably looks like ass to the next guy.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Did you wear a chastity belt or did you just let the outer loopers have their way? What's your PSN handle? Add razcan -- Fifa-me, bro.