1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bank of America to Charge for Debit Cards

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K LoLo, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Who cares about a $5 debit card monthly fee? this bank just moved the majority of it's derivitave exposures from the holding company and into it's banking entity...putting their (YOUR/MY) $1 trillion in deposits at risk vs. their derivitaves ($73 trillion) contracts.

Have fun waiting on the FDIC, which itself is basically bankrupt, to give every BOA customer their money at the same time once this POS goes belly up

In the process of closing my accounts...just takes so long when you have so much automatically taken out (bills, loans, etc...)

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I use USAA banking and LOVE them. Refund on ATMs, my direct deposit shows up that morning instead of that evening, FREE checking, you can deposit checks at any UPS store or online with a scanner. Only problem is if you need to deposit cash. No can do.

CUs are non profits, member owned. FREE checking no BS. Lower fees for overdrafts and you can just go to the branch to get them to reverse them in my experience anyway.

DEATH TO BAC!!!

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I bank at Regions, one of the banks who announced a monthly fee ($4) for debit card usage. Well, I received an email this morning stating that we spoke and they listened. They have eliminated the fee as of November 1 and will refund fees from October.

BOA to follow?

5. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

BOA already backed off on this

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I use USAA as well, and agree. Great for car loans and the like, and they have yet to raise the interest charge on the credit card I have through them, which is still around 8%, with a high limit. Outstanding service.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

NOT SO FAST BOA.