1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clinton's Money Laundering Scheme to Buy Superdelegates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roxfreak724, Apr 17, 2016.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

right on cue. pure deflection, rolleyes to boot, while not addressing a single point in a very lengthy article from a reputable news source.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, despite not really having time, I read the entire politico article. I didn't find any reference to anything illegal. Definitely didn't find a reference to "money laundering" (??) or buying super delegates, so the thread title still seems pretty nutty.

Yes, she is an aggressive, seasoned, old school politician. Yes, she and her campaign will control whatever money streams they can. They will take in every high-dollar donor they can and every low-dollar donor they can. They will fight in every allowed way to win the nomination and then try to win the presidency.

I just didn't find any of that data too surprising. And there seemed to be different voices with different opinions about what should happen to state donations.

I definitely took away that there was not pure truth in advertising. Many donors probably think they are benefitting down-ticket elections more than they (currently) are. I don't find that surprising either. I don't trust DNC and haven't donated money to them in a good long time b/c I don't trust them.

I never thought they were doing anything illegal though. Politics in this country is super dirty with money. That's not a newsflash.

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I guess some lemmings are still having trouble getting past the anger stage of grief.

You can dig up all the fringe conspiracy articles you want, it won't matter. Hillary Clinton will be the 45th president of the United States.

5. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

The fact is the Secretary of State of the United States of America had a personal email server in her home with state secrets on it. That is not a fringe conspiracy it is a treasonous offense.

I personally don't believe she is qualified for the White House mail room based on her understanding of the word confidential.

6. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

It circumvents the $2,700 contribution limit and you're right, nothing technically illegal about it.

The whole system (the entire campaign finance system) is legalized bribery, it's just that we don't call it that because well, it's legal.

The same way with this money laundering BS, we can't technically call it that because it's legal.

What's frustrating is that she parades around saying that she's helping the democratic party. Even I thought she had a huge edge on Bernie in this department, but it turns out she's just sucking everything and everyone dry for personal gain.

As a Bernie supporter who has tried in recent weeks to believe in Hillary's integrity and trustworthiness (as her nomination has become very likely) this is just sad and disappointing to see. That's all.

1 person likes this.