1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons and Sean Elliot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, League Pass tonight had the Spurs TV crew. Sean Elliot (an otherwise highly annoying homer) could not stop gushing over Chandler Parsons. Initially I thought Eilliot was just mesmerized by Parsons' beauty. Then I thought maybe it's because he sees himself in Parsons. There is a similarity to their first two seasons worth of stats.

What do you think? Are their skills similar? Is Sean Elliot the ceiling for Parsons?

2. dragonz

dragonz Member

No, its beauty.

He is asking Parson out for a date.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I hope Parsons has a little better career than that, but it seems a distinct possibility.

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

**** Sean Elliot.

5. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Their games are indeed similar. Good defender, clutch 3 point shooter, smart player with poise. Chandler has a chance to be better than him if he develops a consistent mid-range game.

6. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

I think we may have found our Parsons player look-a-like. He resembles Parsons way, way more than Deng or Odom do.

7. Kerdaboy

Kerdaboy Member

I actually found Elliot to be very good and objective of opposing team's talents. In fact during today's broadcast, during commerical break he was talking about how he didn't understand why our attendance at home (I guess in the previous game at houston) was so bad...stated our team's best players were young, doing great right now, and very fun to watch.

He has also been very complimentry of asik, lin and harden today. There were also numerous plays where rockets players got fouled but no call and he called the refs out on it.

8. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Cause dude can ball.

9. Optimal6

Optimal6 Member

He was just mirin' his aesthetics.

Parsons is probably the most aesthetic player in the NBA, Serge Ibaka is close though.

10. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Sean Elliott was as reasonable as an announcer as I have seen him during his tenure while I have been watching. Even when questioning calls (such as Chandler getting hacked "7 times" before the charge call, or Jeremy getting a bad call on Parker) he showed a lot of objectivity for a hometown announcer. I happen to agree with what he said about Chandler, so I just chalk it up to being a student of the game.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

What made me laugh tonight was that it seemed like he had never seen Parsons before, even though he was basically repeating everything he said about Parsons the last time the Rockets played the Spurs.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I too had to listen to Spurscast, and get nauseated with Sean Elliot. That said, if Parsons turns out to be Sean Elliot, minus the health issues, that's a hellova 2nd round pick.

Parsons will never be the shooter Elliot was, but he could end up being a better all around player.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    this guy?

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Sean Elliot & a few of the Spurs bloggers were slobbering all over our team tonight. One of the bloggers I was tweeting with said one of the reasons why he knew the Rockets would have success this season despite youth is because the core players have very high IQs.

15. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

It's cause Chandler's a straight up baller. Elliot is just recognizing that fact.

16. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

It is actually true. Harden, Lin, Parsons, Asik all have very high BBall IQs. That's why I'm firmly against getting Josh Smith. The guy's BBIQ is so low that will frustrate the hell out of the other four. :p

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Misc?

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Demarcus Cousins scared him into only saying nice things about opposing players. :p

19. GIGO

GIGO Member

lol, CP makes him feel like a new bride :eek:
    (sry couldn't resist)

20. echu888

echu888 Member

Chandler's hair was looking pretty fly tonight. Who wouldn't be impressed?

Parsons really is awesome though. The kudos are well deserved, especially considering draft position.