1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

49ers vs. Raiders

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Oct 9, 2000.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Holy crap , this was about the best game i have witnessed in my entire life , Thank you Tony Dorsett's son Anthony . Thank You Timmy Brown , And Janikowski , I was ready to run you out of town . One of these days your really gonna cost us a game and you will finally get run . Oh well Jon Gruden really shouldnt have put Janikowski in on 2nd and 3 from the 21 , you run it up the middle take the straight shot FG and win it . But oh man when Tim Brown cuaght that pass in overtime , I went berserk , I screamed and cried as i had already turned the game off 4 times at this point . We are 4-1 baby .

------------------
    This signature space for rent call 555 ...

2. davo

davo Contributing Member

How about when Gannon is all over Gruden about going for the FG on 2nd down, and actually puts his hands up to call a time out, but Gruden knocks them away!

I think Gruden screwed up and thought it was 3rd down after the penalty, what do you think moe?

Gannon is awesome, man - he is going to be a great offensive coordinator/head coach one day.

------------------
    Maybe all the rulers are wrong.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I hate the Raiders for one reason, and one reason alone-they don't play Kaufman nearly enough. He's better than Wheatley, and he's on my fantasy team.

------------------
    Cheerleaders are just dancers who've gone r****ded.

visit www.swirve.com

4. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

It was a bad call by Gruden. First, if he was going to kick right away he should have taken the 7 yard run instead of the 5 yard penality on the proceding play.

Personally, I would have take the 7 yard play and figured I could pick of a first down running strait ahead for 2 plays (only need 1.5 yards per play). And then I would have kept running up the middle until I was stopped on 3rd down. This does 2 things, put the ball in the middle of the field and moves things closer.

Off hand, I would guess the chances of pro's missing a 35-40 yarder are still something like 15%. I would not have stopped then.

On another topic, the Iggles play caller was the idiot of the day. Yes they got completely screwed by the refs, but the pass play they called (which was intercepted) with like 30 second left deep in there own territory was pure stupidity. I can understand the young QB making the mistake because after all he is a playmaker. But the coach should have known better.

[This message has been edited by Desert Scar (edited October 09, 2000).]

5. Nomar

Nomar Member

What a great game. how did richey's field goal get blocked. that was ridiculous. but anyway, the loss will help get jamal reynolds baby!!! go niners!!!

------------------
    Starting at shortstop, for the Houston Astros, Nomar Garciaparra.
    or
    Starting at First Base, for the Boston Red Sox, Jeff Bagwell!!!

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hey I hear you man , Kaufman played high school ball here in my town of Lompoc California , We all want him to get the ball , But Nap don't score Touchdowns unless he breaks the big one . Davo , I think Jon Gruden knew it was second down , But I mean if you draft A kicker in the First round , He better damn well make a 35 yarder in overtime , if its 1st down or 4th down it dont matter . Jano has a mental thing right now , I think he'll get over it . Bottom line Tim Brown will make the play he needs to make , so Keyshawn shut your mouth I could name 10 Wide Recievers better than you

------------------

7. Nomar

Nomar Member

Actually, Moe, i bet you couldnt name ten recievers better than keyshawn.
    Moss, Smith, Owens, Bruce, Harrison, Moulds. Thats it.

------------------
    Starting at shortstop, for the Houston Astros, Nomar Garciaparra.
    or
    Starting at First Base, for the Boston Red Sox, Jeff Bagwell!!!

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Joe Horn Muhsin Muhammed Terry Glenn Randy Moss Tim Brown Terrel Owens Keenan McCardell Jimmy Smith Isaac Bruce Torry Holt

Eric Moulds aint that good He had what one two good years and I dont see Tim Brown or Cris Carter on your list These guys have like 8 straight 1000 yard seasons

------------------

9. Desert Scar

The only guy clearly better than Keyshon is Moss. Probably Smith is better also. Moulds or Harrison might be better soon, but I wouldn't say so just yet.

Many of the others are fine receivers (Carter, Owens, Bruce), but they benifit from better players and passing systems. Keyshon hasn't had much of year, but somebody has to get the ball to him. I am not a fan of his off the field stuff, but Keyshon is without a doubt top 3. Think about what he did 2 years ago when was the last time he had a real QB and system. He was awesume and probably still is.

10. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Chrebet ???

------------------
    "It's not a matter of if we will win the NL central, it's by how many games." Barry Larkin

11. Desert Scar

Chrebet is a good player, but not in any of those guys league. He is a very solid second tier guy along with the likes of Broncos guys, McCardel, Ismail, Jerry Rice (current of course), etc.