1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Dear God

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The_Yoyo, Aug 14, 2008.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

heard this song on the radio at work cant get it out of my head right now. The funny thing is that this girl at work who is a super duper religious christian absolutely loves this song. So I asked her if she ever paid attention to the lyrics and she said it sounds like a prayer to God. I told he that she should pay close attention next time she hears the song.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hk41Gbjljfo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hk41Gbjljfo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

That's pretty cut and dry once you get past the first verse. What is she thinking? lol

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

who sings it? I can't get the youtube to work.

edit: never mind its working now

edit 2: OOOOOH I love that song! I haven't heard it in a long time.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

XTC is the band

5. Hayesfan

The version I know was done by Sarah McLachlan. But I like both.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4UjLPIv-lLQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4UjLPIv-lLQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edit: just thought I would point out.. that's not the actual video of the Sarah version.. just some chick but it is the Sarah version ;)

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I had a pretty religious friend who thought 'What If God Was One Of Us' by Joan Osbourne was sacrilegious.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Weird, they play this song at my church.

8. Hayesfan

Good grief... does she think "Hands" is too??

9. droxford

droxford Member

I bet they change the lyrics.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Eh...I like "I could only imagine" or whatever its called...

11. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

maybe they play the one by the Jonas Brothers??

12. Hayesfan

That one has "church-like" words :) So yeah I would say it would be more appropriate.

Here's the lyrics to the Jonas Bros one (I had to look it up)

Edit: ew... but he's a horrible singer...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ajla3DV9tCs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ajla3DV9tCs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I find it weird that there's this "thing" called "GOD" that these music "arteests" (shall we call them) are questioning whether exists or not, but yet they sing to it... :confused: ??

Anyway, that would be like saying "I don't believe in you, ClutchFans.net" while posting in it. :p no?

Anyway, not to throw it to the D&D, I think those dudes' music sounds and lyrics and singing sound like "Tears for Fears", "Depeche Mode", "Erasure", "Duran Duran", "Pet Shop Boys" combined. :D

14. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

XTC had a very similar fanbase in the 80's as Depeche Mode etc.. It was considered in the Post Modern category along with The Smiths, The The, etc..

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

In other words, the goth crowd...