1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bryce Petty?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Teen Wolf, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

It appears the texans will be respectable this season so it's unlikely we get a top 5 pick.

Last time I checked BP wasn't projected to go in the top 10 but I'm sure that can (probably will) change.

Thoughts on BP? I've watched him and a little bit of hundly. To me Bryce's game is more likely to translate to the next level.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Not so sure they'll be so respectable that we couldn't end up with one of the top 3-5 qb's in the draft . I think we should be able to do better .. really hoping we go qb 1st round and thinking there should be some better talent available

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Too bad we can't wait to make a play for Hackenberg in 2016.

Either way, there should be some good choices this year. I don't really have a huge opinion on any of the, besides a few games I've seen from each. I think Hundley will be a great pro though.

4. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

Hackenberg has looked awful this year. He has regressed without O'Brien.

5. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

NO!!!! no more air raid QB's please. There's a reason why air raid qb's do nothing in the NFL. He is Case keenum 2.0.

6. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

I think he's a good deal better than Keenum. He's got much better size and a better arm.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Case Keenum 2.0 is Manziel, Petty would have to be 3.0

8. cdain3

cdain3 Member

****ing this^^

I don't any QB out of that piece of **** offense.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Yes please.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Of the 4 "big" QBs (Mariotta, Winston, Petty, Hundley), I really haven't been that impressed with what I've seen out of Petty and Hundley so far. I wouldn't spend a 1st on either.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Winston or Mariota please.

12. Two Sandwiches

The Texans will never draft Jameis Winston. Too many character issues.

13. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Agreed. Hell will freeze before McNair green lights making jamies the face of the franchise.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I'm OK with Petty in the 6th round....

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Might explain only 2 playoff appearances in 13 seasons.

16. Two Sandwiches

Many decisions can. The Carr pick. Coaches hanging around too long. Bad luck with injuries. Even passing up quarterbacks like Bridgewater, Carr, and Garropolo could eventually make that list.

I didn't include Bortles as I feel Clowney was the right pick, and Bortles would have only been in contention had he lasted into the mid first round.

Although I don't think those choices will haut us quite as much as I feel we are definitely on an upward trajectory, and we'll continue that way, whether it's with Mallet, Fitzpatrick, or a rookie in the next few years.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm still on the Hundley bandwagon.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Of course TIFWIW

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-us-what-were-hearing-about-top-nfl-prospects

The scoop: Pac-12 quarterbacks Brett Hundley (UCLA) and Marcus Mariota (Oregon) rank as minor disappointments this season, according to an AFC personnel executive for a team that could be in the quarterback market in the spring. The long-time scout has been disappointed by the quarterbacks' lack of progress as pocket passers and wonders if they will ever be able to fully function within a pro-style offense. Although he is still intrigued by their tremendous upside and athletic potential, he wonders if both players will need to play in schemes that feature several of the concepts from their collegiate system.

The skinny: Young NFL quarterbacks like Cam Newton, Robert Griffin III and even Andrew Luck (the Colts added his former offensive coordinator to the staff before his second season) have benefitted from this kind of approach. Mariota and Hundley no longer appear to be the slam dunks that many observers had expressed throughout the last 12 months. Teams in need of a quarterback must have a clear plan for getting their young quarterback ready to play at a high level. And scouts must clearly understand the weaknesses of each player. With the pressure that comes with taking a quarterback early in the draft, the vetting of Mariota and Hundley will be a top priority for several franchises this spring.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The Bridgewater-ification of the 2015 QB class has begun.

Next years QB's are always better.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'd spend a very late pick on Fajardo since there are no slam dunks it appears.