1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Heat vs. Knicks - 2012 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 26, 2012.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Heat in 4

28.2%
  2. Heat in 5

33.7%
  3. Heat in 6

17.2%
  4. Heat in 7

2.5%
  5. Knicks in 4

3.1%
  6. Knicks in 5

0.6%
  7. Knicks in 6

4.3%
  8. Knicks in 7

10.4%
  1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

so what if the coach is a moron, he is the reason they didnt win last season. lebron needs to step up in the huddle and demand the oppportunity to sweep. its not like they're going to lose game 5 in miami. if he was off today it wouldnt be a big deal that he deferred to his teammates with melo guarding him, but he is the reason they had the chance to win it. rudy gay has more of a killer instinct than lebron.

2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

In a game decided by 1 point - Haslem fouling out in 14 mins would have been a huge factor.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'm sure if "a play wasn't designed for" Hakeem, he would be okay with not touching the ball and not say anything.

Or Jordan
    Or Bryant
    Or Pippen (this actually happened)
    Or any MVP

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

rudy t is smart enough to run a play where hakeem touches the ball if he just scored the last six points in the final minute.

who would you rather see take the final shot, jordan or pippen? i love how spoelstra is quick to mention wade lost his handle when he didn't. only a really bad coach would blame his personnel when he is coaching the miami heat.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Pippen took himself out of the game when the play called for him to be a decoy. Jordan wasn't on the team. But I'm not surprised you didn't know that.

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

Wade was to drive to the hoop then kick it to Lebron at the top of the key. You'll notice towards the end, Lebron runs to the top of the key but because Wade lost his dribble, he had to jack it up. The heat wanted a 3 and they wanted Lebron to take it, but it just didn't happen.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Shane Battier sucks. If only LBJ didn't have to focus on offense so much, he could key in on Melo more.

Tom Haberstroh ‏ @tomhaberstroh
    Per http://NBA.com, Carmelo scores just 17.7 points per 36 minutes with Battier OFF court this series. Battier ON court? 31.4 points.

Melo was torching Battier like it was nothing.

Bad loss for the Heat. GAmes like this shows potential championship mettle, and they blew it.

And Wade needs to recognize he's not on LBJ's level. LBJ said he wanted the ball in the press conference. Goodness, LBJ balled out down the stretch, and didn't even touch the ball on the last play? Disgusting.

You thought Dirk was a top 3 player this year. Just stop.

#627 t_mac1, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Westbrook did what Wade did on the last play, half of humanity would be piling on him about it.

Shane Battier is just over the hill. Simple as that. The only thing he can do for them is hit a clutch 3-pointer. His days as an elite defender were over last year.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Battier was "elite"? :confused::rolleyes::eek:

10. t_mac1

In terms of WB, it depends on the situation. If KD can't get open, it's up to WB to go since KD sometimes has trouble getting open. But LBJ is the best player in the game. He just hit a clutch 3, and a ridiculous 3pt play. And he can create his own shot v. anybody. And yet he's in the corner not even involved in the play. Spo is a dumb coach, but that play just shows how stupid he is. Really. He's arguably one of the worst coaches in the league. It was disgusting how it ended.

LBJ said he should have gotten the ball at the end in the press conference. Hopefully, he gets the ball every time now.

There's a pecking order now in Miami, unlike last year since there was a respect thing. Anyways, this game tells me Miami still doesn't have that killer instinct. Poor turnovers, missing a bajillion FTs... Not a good showing.

And +1 on Shane. He's useless out there. I think he's on Melo alot b/c they want to conserve LBJ's energy. That's all fine and dandy if Shane does a decent job. But he's getting murdered. Melo thinks he's playing v. a JV player out there.

The numbers, which Spoelstra is a devotee of, crush him here. In the series, Anthony has shot 12-of-41 (29 percent) with James guarding him and scored 31 points including free throws. With Battier on Anthony, the Knicks star is 20-of-38 (53 percent) and has scored 56 points.

#630 t_mac1, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

With the game on the line, you HAVE to put LeBron on Melo. It was idiotic of Spoelstra to put that responsibility on Shane, especially since Melo was owning him.

The mere fact the Heat depend on Battier to contribute shows the weakness of their roster. I never thought he was the best signing for them.

12. t_mac1

You tell me man. A dumb coach is a dumb coach. If you just watch the game on TV, the eye test tells you Shane can't guard Melo to save his life. And I'm sure he has these numbers to see to evaluate who defends Melo the best.

This guy started out as a video coordinator so you would assume he watches a lot of tape. Jesus.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

i asked you who do you want to see take the final shot. wade or lebron? pippen or jordan? dirk or terry?

spoesltra sucks and if the heat win it wont be because of him ever. if they lose its his fault.

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Kevin Durant ;)

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

terry is great at making big shots but dirk should be the big shot taker. not many fours play good perimenter d.

he's old now so it dosnt matter :)

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I hope so," Landry Fields said when asked if Lin could play in Game 5. "... He seems to be moving really well. I haven't seen him go through full physical workouts yet, but he looks all right."

"I think he can come back, he's looked good. It just depends on how confident he is (with the injury)," Steve Novak said.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I agree Lebron should have been on Melo. Battier was, for the most part, contesting the shots, but Melo is just quicker than the 33-year-old Battier and had his J going this game. Lebron is All Defensive 1st Team level.

As for whether Battier was their best signing: Heat didn't have too many options with only the $3 million/year tax-payer mini-MLE to spend. Despite all of the talks about how guys would flock to join Miami to chase rings, it doesn't really play out this way. Battier was coming off of a more than solid playoff run with Memphis.

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

A wild Bosh appeared!
    [​IMG]

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Dwade Jacked up a bad shot and people are blaming lebron. This is just hilarious.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Injury Update: MRI on Baron Davis’ R knee revealed partial tear of the patella tendon &amp; complete tears of the ACL &amp; MCL. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523Knicks">#Knicks</a></p>&mdash; NBA New York Knicks (@nyknicks) <a href="https://twitter.com/nyknicks/status/199615025692946432" data-datetime="2012-05-07T21:41:45+00:00">May 7, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>