1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

You Just Might Be a Moridiot If...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Oct 29, 2014.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

...you think depth is overrated. Big 3 FTW!
    ...you think PGs aren't important in this league. We can always pull one from the D-League right Morey?
    ...you think chemistry has nothing to do with winning. Talent FTW!
    ...you think you can put together a team like it's fantasy basketball
    ...you think mid range game is a complete waste of time.

feel free to add in your own Moridioms.

2. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Where is the petition we sign to make you gm? Obviously you'd do a much better job than that idiot Daril Murray.

1 person likes this.
  3. hotballa

Then you shouldn't be posting on a basketball board either since obviously you can do a better job of playing than the players.

4. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I thought we won last night?

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I figured with Lin gone we'd see less moronic threads/posts in the GARM, especially after a blowout opening night win.

I was wrong.

1 person likes this.
  6. hotballa

...you think we shouldn't criticize the god of metrics, Daryl, because none of us are GMs.

7. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I have no idea what kind of logic you are using in this post. At what point did I ever imply that I was good at basketball?

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Stop posting.

9. hotballa

cmon man, we won because our first unit is so much better talent wise than theirs. Our bench is pathetic and struggled against basically D-Leaguers. Yeah we blew out a 25 win team. We are supposed to do that. Our bench looked terrible. We won't be a playoff team if Harden gets hurt.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not sure what took me so long, but yeah, I need to stop seeing these types of posts.

11. bmd

bmd Member

The bench looked fine. They all had positive +/- ratings except for the guys who came in for garbage minutes.

12. hotballa

Jason Terry looked fine. Everyone else was a struggle to watch.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You're allowed to feel any way you want about the team and GM. I don't love everything about this team.
    But making a thread like this, with just negative ranting, attacking other posters, all right after a blowout victory? It's kind of pointless. We're all rockets fans here. I think you should scale it back a little. Just a thought.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Our bench is a bunch of D-leaguers...... But beyond that point why is everyone freaking out.... The starting 5 are legit and Terry + PaPa look ready to have some big games for us..... I don't know why everyone is analyzing the team so much. CHILL! Enjoy the games and stop worrying about future matchups and lack of depth in the bench. Its not going to make The Rockets better or your time watching them more enjoyable..... Just please stfu and let The Rockets compete with our full support regardless of who is on the floor.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's fine to be against Morey's metrics based decision making (well, it's not "fine" it's ignorant, but that's your prerogative) but at least get the criticisms right.

These 3 criticisms are just flat out false and that you believe them demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of what Morey's philosophy actually is.

This one is a special case of dumb. It's been debunked over and over. Morey doesn't think Dirk should stop shooting midrange shots or Lamarcus Aldridge should. He thinks players who aren't good at shooting midrange shots should stop taking them. Morey basically believes that you should take the most efficient shot you can. If you are able to hit the mid range jump shot at a good clip, then by all means.

I ask this over and over when this argument gets made and no one answers. What Rocket player is it that you think should be taking more 15-20 foot jump shots?

16. thiefery

thiefery Member

It's been one game.... ONE GAME

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

stick to your day job of wacky hangout threads

you obviously didn't understand that mchale is working with rotations and first time nba players are getting their feet wet.

I guess I should also tell you coffee is hot and water is wet

18. baubo

baubo Member

You seem to be pleased with the fact that we have superior talent. May I ask who do you think is responsible for that talent?

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ranting and raving after a blowout win while also demonstrating an uncanny lack of Morey's ACTUAL philosophy......this is bad even for YOU, Hotballa. Why don't you just stick to getting female anatomy lessons in the Hangout?

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.