1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 11/1/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Rondooooooooooo!!!

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

The Celtics are horrible this year. This should be an easy win.

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

If Bev is out...here's what I'd do. Might sound nuts, but makes sense to me:

Leave Terry as the back-up PG.
    Put either Troy Daniels or Cisco, yes Cisco, into the starting line up.
    Have Harden guard the point and play-make.
    Then have either Troy or Cisco, whoever wasn't inserted in the starting 5, play alongside Terry as the back up SG.

Harden\Terry\Canaan
    Cisco, yes Cisco \ Troy Daniels
    Ariza \ Pap (not fast enough yet to slide down to 2 but it will come)
    TJ \ D-Mo \ Pap
    Howard \ Black \ D-Mo

4. rocketseagles07

Your idea doesn't sound nuts at all. What I'm worried about is harden having to guard Rondo and use up all his energy

5. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Start Terry at PG, let Canaan back him up. Both guys are good fits with Harden since he brings the ball down court easily.

Play tight on Rondo and make him take jump shots.

Easy Rockets win!

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Wow anypne taken a look at the celtics roster lately? Damn, i feel like the first three teams we play has like 3 or 4 legit nba starters combined. Wth

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Not sure if I like the idea of Harden starting off the game at PG. If my memory serves correct, Avery Bradley likes to pick Harden up 94 feet kind of like Beverley does. He was very aggressive defensively last year on James and requiring Harden to bring up the ball, initiate the offense, and be the finisher more often than not just doesn't seem like a good idea to me in this particular matchup. Especially so if you expect him to be able to defend on the other end of the court.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's going to be hard to play tight on Rondo. Can Canaan do it? I will be pleasantly surprised if he does.

9. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

yea dwight looks amazing so far this year. His number in these two games havent shown because he keeps getting into foul trouble and limits his minutes.

he always gets these dumb fouls, its what i hate the most about his game. almost all of his fouls except for like 2 have been off ball/fighting for position fouls..smh so frustrating.. id rather him foul out protecting the hoop than those ticky-tack fouls.

But had he not had foul trouble , his numbers would of been around Prime orlando dwight. 23 14 2.5. Cant wait to watch him this season.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

So Rondo to Houston by the 1st was correct all along...

11. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Might as well start canaan and see what you have in him and let Bev rest till the Miami game

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Hope Rondo doesn't feel the need to audition for us tonight. Rockets need to get these wins over the non-contenders.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Revs are going to screw Howard with a bunch of touch fouls on Olynyk. Book it. We'll see.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's going to happen... Canaan is still on the team right? Him, Terry and Daniels gonna have their hands full.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

All the Celtics bigs can shoot 3s. I believe they will try to pull Dwight out of the paint to open things up for Rondo and company. TJ and Dmo MUST GRAB REBOUNDS.

This could be a dog fight.

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man, i really hope daniels sees a crux of the minutes..we need his shots..

hope he stops slumping fast

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It will be fun to watch our future PG play. Rockets win, but only by 32. Rondo 0 points, 22 assists, 12 rebounds, 4 steals, 6 blocked shots and player of the game. After the game, traded to the Rockets because Danny Ainge thinks he needs more scoring.

18. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

you transition the PF onto the outside shooters... celtics aren't going to completely abandon the inside and you don't take your best paint defender out of the paint.

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

Ariza is going to have 7 rebounds. Book it.

Just a random stat.

20. Sabin04

Sabin04 Member

Streaming The Game Tonight

Is there any streaming websites where I can watch the game?? I'm from Houston but am away at college and would really like to watch the home opener. Thanks in advance! #Rednation