1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Wolters, Henson, and Ilyasova seem to be on the outer under Kidd. Early days yet. I'd keep an eye on them. Especially Henson. I think he can be be the reliable backup C behind Dwight.

Disappointed that Dunleavy is starting for the Bulls. What is Thibs thinking by starting and playing him heavy, the most minutes? The guy will breakdown before halfway through the season. Thibs should be giving McDermott those minutes.

2. anchel

anchel Member

Biyombo seems also out of the rotation in Charlotte. Last days I checked a Hornets forum and apparently he's losing credibility around the franchise.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I know it is not likely, but Horford would solve many problems for the Rockets. He can start PF and backup C. While not a 3 point threat, he is money unguarded in mid range. Would greatly improve the defense.

4. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Reggie Jackson and Kendrick Perkins

FOR

NOP 1st
    Terry
    Canaan
    DMo
    Capela

Hope that OKC wants to tank for one year and save a little money, because otherwise they'd never do that trade. Also they have to know that Reggie Jackson may shine without WB/KD for a month which means they'd have to pay him more as a RFA.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No way they give us Perkins. The guy is too tough. Makes us instant favorites

6. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Boston In:
    2015 first round draft pick from New Orleans
    2015 second round draft pick from Minnesota
    2015 second round draft pick from Sacramento
    Kostas Papanikolaou
    Terrence Jones
    Donatas Motiejunas
    Clint Capela

Houston In:
    Rajon Rondo
    Brandon Bass
    Vitor Faverani

7. wadero

wadero Member

why would Boston Trade Rondo when he just resigned with them?

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

To me, there are only a few clear trade candidates out there and three of them are Hawks bigs.
    I mean, look at their roster. They're loaded with bigs.

Horford has been on record for a while now saying he wants to play PF. If they don't trade him or Millsap, there's a very real chance he's going to leave them in two years, if he doesn't ask to get traded before then.
    Millsap likely will look get paid this off-season, so there's reason for the Hawks to move him as well.
    Mike Scott is a role player, but would fit well on the Rockets. Good shooter. Quick release. Understands angles. Plays hard. Good enough on D and the boards. Elite rim runner.

Orlando is awful and they got a lot of dudes at the 3-4, so Channing Frye might be another PF option at the deadline or next summer.

As for PGs, there's really only Rondo, Rubio, Dragic and Reggie Jackson.
    Jackson, like Mike Scott, would be neat because of his low salary/cap hit, as it'd allow you to further improve the roster via trade this year or via free agency next year, but it's hard to imagine the Thunder trading him to the Rockets.

9. basketballholic

Definitely like Mike Scott as a rotation big on the Rockets. Great fit at the minimum.

10. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Hawks re-signed him late in the summer to a flat 3-year $10M deal.

RealPlusMinus hates him, by the way.

Still, he showed flashes last year and has been very good thus far this year. I'd keep an eye on him. Cheap, available, stretch bigs are rare.

11. basketballholic

Forgot about that new contract. Wouldn't want him on that deal for this team.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What the Hawks are not loaded with are owners. Or even a GM.

I don't foresee that team doing anything significant before their ownership mess is sorted out; or possibly next summer.

13. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Is there any chance the Tristan Thompson extension with the Cavs falls through?

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I missed this, when did this happen?

15. Chamillionaire

Think he meant Rubio's sorry ass.

16. Chamillionaire

I really like Henson as well. Wolters seem like a decent player but he's definitely not a starting pg on a championship team IMO.

17. CertifiedTroll

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Frye would be a good fit on this team. Allows jones to be scorer (and another ball handler) off the bench.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

deleted. wrong thread

20. Akkuron

Akkuron Member