1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Samsung TV deal?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckyazn, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Was looking for a 60 inch Samsung Smart LED TV for a friend and was wondering is this the best deal out there for this week? I looked it up and this is a 2014 model however, the thickness is 3.9inches ... isn't that thick for a Smart TV nowadays?

http://slickdeals.net/f/7408890-sam...-65-1000-60-800-55-600-amp-more-free-shipping

Suggested Retail:$1,899.99

Your Price:$799.99

You Save: $1,100

with Free Shipping Ships in 1 to 3 business days

Price valid 11/23-12/1.

2. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Everyone is always asking every question on here "for a friend", it's kind of funny. ;)

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I bought a 4k ultra hd for 1700 I believe original price was 2500 at best buy. 55in. I think the model is 8550. I love it so far, really good tv.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

My friend wanted me to ask you why you think its funny that every question on here is for a friend?

5. likestohypeguy

You're asking the right questions. Forget about picture quality, it would SUCK to sit there watching it knowing how thick that thing is.

2 people like this.
  6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You can look at rtings.com for TV reviews. Very unbiased source and they test things thoroughly.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have a Panasonic plasma that has a nice picture but is thick. It would have been nice to have something thinner that I could have got up to the 3rd story easier. I also would have had the option to put on the mantle of the fireplace in my new place. Puts out less heat.

What I'm SAYING is there are other things than just picture quality. It's at the top of the list for me, but there are other things to take into consideration.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I hate carrying my TV around. All of the one times I have done it, I was very tired.

I have to agree though that when you are interested in how heavy something is the first spec you look at is thickness. I wish they published a more relevant spec.

9. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

10. thejav

thejav Member

best review ever...lol

By Eric J. Smith on October 15, 2014
    I was able to purchase this amazing television with an FHA loan (30 year fixed-rate w/ 4.25% APR) and only 3.5% down. This is, hands down, the best decision I've ever made. And the box it came in is incredibly roomy too, which is a huge bonus, because I live in it now.