1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

Bryan Singer returns to direct.

"The X-Men must travel in time to change a major historical event that could globally impact man and mutant kind."

Opening May 23, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past stars Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, Shawn Ashmore, Daniel Cudmore, Omar Sy, Booboo Stewart, Fan Bingbing and Adan Canto.

Spoilers:
    link

Just three days after Fox was seemingly pushed by online reports into announcing plans for an X-Force movie ahead of Comic-Con International, intriguing new details have surfaced about director Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past. Warning: Potential spoilers follow.

Vulture confirms what’s been speculated for months, that Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage will indeed play Bolivar Trask, the military scientist who created the enormous mutant-hunting robots the Sentinels. By this point that shouldn’t surprise too many, particularly as the Sentinels loom large (ahem) in the 1981 Marvel Comics storyline on which the film is based.

However, the identity of Australian actor Josh Helman’s character may catch some fans off-guard: Although his “significant role” was quickly pegged as that of Cyclops, the website contends he’ll play a younger version of William Stryker, the soldier turned religious zealot portrayed in X2 by Brian Cox and in X-Men Origins: Wolverine by Danny Huston.

The biggest potential reveal may be the size of Hugh Jackman’s role in Days of Future Past. In the original two-part story by Chris Claremont and John Byrne, the X-Men’s failure to prevent the assassination of a U.S. senator by the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants results in the creation of a dystopian alternate timeline in which the Sentinels have become the de facto rules of the country, where mutants are hunted down and placed in internment camps. In that future, Kitty Pryde sends her mind back to possess the body of her younger self in an attempt to warn the X-Men and stop the future from coming about.

But Vulture reports that in Singer’s version, Ellen Page’s Kitty sends Wolverine into the past: “However, something bad happens to Kitty during the time-travel trance, and while Wolverine is still under her spell, the other X-Men must race to find a mutant who can siphon Kitty’s powers and bring their friend back to the future.” The site speculates that may be where Anna Paquin’s Rogue comes into play.

And in official movie news, Singer just tweeted a photo confirming the involvement of X-Men: First Class actor Lucas Till (below)

[​IMG]

Opening May 23, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past also stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, Shawn Ashmore, Daniel Cudmore, Omar Sy, Booboo Stewart, Fan Bingbing and Adan Canto.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

wiggity whack

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Bishop looks awesome, hot damn.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No word on that Age of Apocalypse tie-in?

5. So Good

So Good Member

What the bloody hell? I thought they rebooted with Origins??

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

The Beast has lipstick.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Wasn't that really a prequel?

8. SexyButIgnorant

I love X-men, but i'm not sure about this. It kinda does look cool, but after Wolverine Origins and X-men 3, I'm kinda iffy on these movies.

I thought First Class was a really good step in the right direction, and looks like the new Wolverine movie is getting good reviews. So I hope this is good.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The new Wolverine film is still tied to the X-Men trilogy. It's post X3. So it's not like they've divorced themselves from the other films.

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Hasn't been a good XMen since 2, but hopefully The Wolverine and this can buck that trent.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes...looks small too...

Is their some kind of female version of Beast in Xmen or something?

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sorta. This movie is set in 1981 (the story is). The X-Men of the time period have to travel forward in time, so they meet the older versions of the X-Men.

13. So Good

So Good Member

Sorry, meant First Class. Thought that rebooted the franchise.

I know two different studios are running the X-Men franchises...hence why Emma Frost was a kid in Wolverine Origins and an adult in X-Men First Class.

14. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I like the idea of bringing in the old cast members, but I feel they didn't need to make that move yet. Nonetheless I will be watching.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Confused. But will still watch.

16. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Nope they are all based in the same universe. I think people just want you to forget the Wolverine Origins ever exsisted. But First Class was a good movie. When I saw pictures of Bishop I was so excited. He was my favorite character on the cartoon. Only wished they gave him his permed hair. The badest mofo with a perm.

17. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Let me know when Marvel gets the rights back, not expecting much until then.

18. So Good

So Good Member

Really? I thought they said it was different since Emma Frost was a little kid in Wolverine and an adult in First Class.

Either way, Wolverine was pretty bad...First Class was pretty damn good.

19. 713

713 Member

is Bishop and Cable the same?

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nope.