1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 19, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

**** man, I still need to see this.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ride the JLaw train and leak details to gauge fan reaction.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think ole girl in the original Xmen Movies was a better Mystique
    This focus on the character is getting as bad as focus on Wolverine

Rocket River

4. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Lawrence is pretty decent and I'm good with her being a draw, but they kill me with forcing characters in more due to the star. At least, Wolverine is a main X-Man. I hope the movie is good.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Having Beast/Mystique as the focal point of the movie sounds like a terrible idea.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Good movie. Liked. Quicksilver of course rocked. But generally an interesting story. Fun to learn that Quicksilver is the child of the guy he broke out of prison. Great interactions between a laid back Wolverine and all of the characters. X-men seems to keep on getting better and better. I cannot complain, but one thing that does concern me is that all of the movies are now incorporating too much time travel. At some point, that could wear off. So fat Trek and X-Men, and some of the other movies have done a good job with it.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Also, for half the movie, I though Striker was Stiffler until I looked up the actor. I was thinking that was a stupid, but bold cast, until I realized I was totally off on that one.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

And then waste a 2 and a half hour movie following them around for no reason. Can't wait for the next one... (you are right about the casting though. they killed it in first class.)

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Finally got around to seeing the movie. Really enjoyed it. I definitely want to see it again

11. hairyme

hairyme Member

Assuming they're going with a young Apocalypse, I actually like the casting of Oscar Isaac--at least he could vaguely pass for an Egyptian guy. Now if they're going for the hulking and menacing alien technology-wearing big blue guy... well, I hope they avoid that. X-Men already suffers from an over-representation of blue peoples.

Speaking of, there was already way too much Mystique in DoFP... and now there's gonna be more in this one?? Ugh.

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I can understand the studio wanting to cash in on star power (and sex appeal) by putting Jennifer Lawrence on the screen as much as possible, I think in this case it is a mistake. She is a fantastic actress but I find her kind of dull as Mystique for some reason. I would much rather be watching more McAvoy and Fassbender, perhaps with Lawrence in the background, naked.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This upcoming X-Men film needs more Fassbender. JLaw is great, but so is Fassbender. Plus, Magneto is the most interesting character throughout the X-Men films. I think we can all more or less guess the general plot for Age of Apocalypse and Magneto needs to play a big part in that.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They've already stated that it well revolve around Magneto and Mystique's relationship. Can't wait for this bull****...he tried to kill her, but allllll is forgiven.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Very much THIS. I would hire you if I were the studio.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

JLaw won an Oscar. She just launched $123 million dollar movie. Has multiple hit movies under her belt in different genres. She is probably top dog in terms of the cast other than maybe Hugh Jackman and I am not sure if he is a bigger star than her at this point. Of course producers are going to hitch their wagon to JLaw.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You can have big stars in your movie, and not sacrifice the quality of the film by making it revolve around one lame character just because it's played by the "it" actor/actress.

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't questioning the why, just if it was a good decision in this case. I feel like Mystique is a bland character (or at least as it is written in these movies). Magneto and Prof X are way more intriguing and I feel like McAvoy and Fassbender do better jobs with their characters.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree with you completely. There's not much for J Law to do, actually. Carry a blank, sometimes wounded, sometimes constipated, expression, and whirl her legs around kicking people in the face.

it's not even a 2D character as portrayed. It's 1D.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't short change her...She's still a DD