1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Jurassic World

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The second book was good. I don't know if I ever watched the second movie. I saw scenes of the third movie on TV once and it was horrible. The second book was justifiable though because of the premise being so different right from the beginning.

2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Cell phone in dino and giving baby eggs back to raptors to escape harm as well as doctor's ex-girlfriend knowing their exact location when she never had never even been to site B edges out high bar routine and running through the tall grass in terms of badness.

JP2 still had some good moments...the RV escape comes to mind. But JP3 was just trash.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Will this film feature real dinosaurs or fake ones like the stupid earlier versions of this series?

4. Garner

Garner Member

Looking forward to this reboot.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I think it will be interesting. Basically putting dinosaurs into our backyards with our kids will be the payoff. I can't envision any new science here. Nor a moral compass. So they will need to build on the characters in the middle of a disaster for this to work.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The first film followed the book very closely. The second film is very different from the book. It changes a lot of things and then takes a left turn and abandons the source material completely. The T-Rex acting like Godzilla attacking San Diego isn't anywhere in the book. The book was much, much better. There was no third book so JPIII is it's own thing.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This franchise has jumped the Megalodon.

1 person likes this.
  8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The first movie is genre-defining, with several scenes that will live on in the annals of filmmaking for however long humans continue to exist.

The second movie took a black boy and white girl from the book and merged them into a black girl who was adopted by Ian Malcolm, liked to do gymnastics, and kicked a raptor in the face while doing a routine on the uneven bars. I'm not even kidding. It has a place in the annals of worst movies ever made, but I don't doubt that humanity in its decadence will find ways to shove it off the shelves with even crappier movies in the future.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Glad I didn't watch the movie then.

I don't think the first movie followed the book well. I remember several changes, one being the old guy died in the book and the awesome hunter guy lived. The biggest change was in the movie the awesome hunter guy tries to kill a freaking dinosaur with a SPAS-12. Never would happen. In the book he had a rocket launcher.

Not as big of a change as you are talking about in the second movie though, now that I think about it.

10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wJelEXaPhJ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Warning: Soft Spoiler
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#31 Zboy, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Don't remember the circumstances exactly, but it seems that Crichton and the movie studio decided to do the JP2 sequels at the same time following the success of the first movie. The studio didn't want to wait on Crichton to finish the novel, so they had a couple of sit downs where Crichton and the studios mapped out the basic story. The book ended up being decent... the movie not so much.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This is one of those movies were I expect to feel like a kid again.

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RFinNxS5KN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Better trailer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pyuGyq22Ris" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Did anyone catch the new Superbowl trailer last night.

I can't embed it from work but I thought it looked great. It should be a fun ride.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Looks like Chris Pratt has trained velociraptors. Could be cool.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It looks more like an action movie than sci-fi this time around.

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

[youtube]4mvWuky1g0g[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  20. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Jurassic World - Official Global Trailer
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aJJrkyHas78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>