1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Apps] How best to show off your amazing smart-phone?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Nero

Nero Member

Recently grabbed the HTC One M8, and this thing is amazing - a HUGE upgrade over the EVO 4G LTE. It uses Spark too, which really makes a difference inside the building where I work.

Anyway, I am exploring different apps I have accumulated over the last couple years, and some of them really shine on it, and I was wondering what you guys find is an amazing way to show off your fancy smart-phone's capabilities.

And really I am talking graphics, smoothness, responsiveness, etc. If yours can calculate an Excel spreadsheet really fast, that's great, but it's not much to show off.

Some of the ones I have found really are awesome on here:

Beach Buggy Blitz
    Shine Runner
    Smule Magic Piano
    Smash Hit
    Plasma Sky

That's a just a few, but I know there must be some really great ones out there.

What do you guys like?

(a note on Smule Magic Piano - this app has always been great on an Apple Ipad, etc, but it has never, until now, been acceptable on an Android - there was always a lag which made it useless. But now, with this latest generation of hardware, I can honestly say it uses this program just as smoothly as the Apple does, so it's taken them a while to catch up to Apple in the area of performance and reducing input lag, but they are finally getting there)

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are these games or what?

I like Yahoo Weather widget. Looks purty.

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

My best advice? You have 14 days to get off of Sprint after getting a phone from them. Trust me, unless they're giving you a monthly blowjob and you're paying less than $25 a month, I wouldn't bother with that. Not sure I'd feel comfortable showing off a phone with the word "Sprint" in my dropdown notification bar

Now on to the positives, that's a nice phone bro :)

Do you have the dotview case?

#3 Scionxa, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This is 2014, everybody has a smartphone, only lames "show off"

5. Nero

Nero Member

Ok, pardon me, maybe 'show off' is a poor choice of words. I, being a man, enjoy the flashing lights and bright colors, and I appreciate it when it is done well. All I was asking is, what apps/whatever have you liked which you thought really allowed your device to make you make that 'Oooh! Aaahh!' sound when you see it? My intent is not to walk around and show it off to other people, my inquiry was intended only for my own gratification.

Scionxa, yes, it is a nice phone, no case for it yet though.

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I was stoked when I saw this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex.theme.startrek

If I had an Android i'd get it. Next Gen was the best Gen **** Kirk. Picard all the way.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Great choice Nero! I've had mine over a month and I have no regrets!

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Yes but how are you making sure to show yours off properly, and to the widest audience?

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

LOL....by doing my own version of the "Naked Cowboy" in the middle of Times Square! Don't knock it until you try it!...:grin:

10. likestohypeguy

The one that uses your phones gyroscopic sensors & vibration to sit it up on its end & rotate, taking 360 imaging. Just the mechanical feat of it balancing & smoothly spinning on its smallest edge blew my mind.