1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It could be worse. I'm still on the 3GS.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Just took a look a some of the latest rumors on the iPhone 6 and it got me pretty excited. Especially the speculation on them nixing the 16gb and starting the baseline at 32gb. The storage to price ratio has really been my only complaint with my iPhone.

Not looking to argue with anyone over which phone is "better" but who else is looking forward to Sept? Any other interesting rumors?

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

16 GB is not enough. I got a 16 GB 5S only because they didn't have the 32 GB at the mall. Should have held out but figured why not since I am saving $100 anyway.

It's been annoying not having enough space. Couldn't put my whole music collection on it, had to lower the quality, and can't even download any big games. Many times I'd be trying to record something in HD and it stops because I used up all the memory, causing me to miss moments.

I've dealt with this by going to the cloud. Google Music is awesome it's free cloud storage for music. Flickr for my pictures (1TB of space)

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I am, I've been sitting on this iPhone 4 for over 3 years now waiting on them to come out with a bigger screen and better features.

I'm hoping they are coming withe the 5.5" display and not just the 4.7" one. I would honestly overpay for the 5.5" display at this point. Apple has me right where they want me

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I always knew I would be vindicated. I knew big wireless phones would return. Take that, KingCheetah.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Can't wait for sapphire crystal glass!

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Phablets are the future.

8. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5R0_FJ4r73s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

^ it's crazy how these people can just get their hands on parts. I'm ready to hear more info about the 5.5" iPhone though

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I knooooooooow!!!!

I want it naaaaaao!!

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I wish they came out with a 5".
    I have a Note 2.

5.5 is too big for me and 4.7 is too small.
    5" would be perfect.

No homo. Haha.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope there's some sort of good trade-in deal so I can finally get a bigger screen than my 5s (and what I had before that, also too small), but I'm not holding my breath.

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Samsung galaxy s5 crushes my old girlie little eye phone.

14. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Can't wait to get it!

I'm still on my 5.

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

It's all about battery life. I'll take a smaller hard drive and smaller screen if I don't have to charge my phone every day.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

iPhones have great resell value on eBay. You'd for sure get $200+, likely closer to $300.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

I echo this sentiment. I will gladly take smaller hard drive and screen in exchange for a super batter life. Charging once every 1.5 days is enough to make me happy at this point. I'm constantly on my phone so when the battery hits critical levels, I hate having to carry the power bank along with the phone for 2 hours.

However I'm not an iPhen fan,,, so maybe I'll hold out for a Samsung or LG with great battery life.

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

In a video shortly after it shows that the screen is not as strong as the sapphire glass that is used for the touch id button. Its like a hybrid but it is at least as strong as gorilla glass and a tad more resistant to scratches but can still be scratched.

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The new iOS 7 update in particular seems have to killed all battery life on the 5s. I can't use mine for more than a couple of hours without needing to look for a charger now.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

It's John Wall!