1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brook Lopez

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mozart123, Feb 8, 2009.

1. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

This guy is turning out to be quite the pro player, he dropped to the 10th overall pick, but this guy has good athleticism and has been the best big man, yes better than Oden.

12 pts, 8 rebs and 2blks in only 30 minutes a game.

How good can he be?

2. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i actually think he is the most impressive rookie big man this year. Not freakishly athletic, but he is a legit 7 footer with very very good fundamental.

also seem to be a good kid. Wish we have him as yao's backup... :(

3. TheRocketShow24

He can be a an all-star. Maybe not this year or next year. But I'm sure he can end up being an all-star. His brother however is nothing special, just your average center who defends and rebounds.

Brook Lopez is kind of looking like Tim Duncan , he should try to add that bank shot to his game. But there is no doubt he will be an all-star one day.

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

His numbers are almost as good as Yao's in the first year. And he is only 20.

There are very few centers in the league today that has an impact on both ends of the floor and he is one of them in his first year. He certainly could be a franchise center. And he seems to be a good character guy who cares about winning.

But he is not very athletic, like Howard, Oden, Bynum. I see him becoming a top center in the league, but probably not the very top tier.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

He's putting up Andrew Bynum numbers... :D

6. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

dude does block 2 shots a game in 30 minutes, IMO oden is more of a stiff than Lopez at this point.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe the 2nd coming of Bogut? Bogut also has the skills but not the athletecism to be a top tier center in this league

8. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Yeah, but he plays harder than Bogut.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lopez is a lot better than I expected this year but I'm not sure his ceiling is high. Tim Duncan is a valid comparison but he won't be nearly that good.

10. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

homeless tim duncan

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I got free Nets tickets (center court row 7!!) and watched Brook dominate against the Bucks a few nights ago. He looks like the real deal.

12. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

An interesting part is he bursts after Yi went out. His stat wasn't spectacular when he was playing along with Yi earlier this season. Yi might be back playing against us after the All-star game. It will be interesting to see how their front court share the ball in the later part of this season.

Nets is a surprise this season.

13. lalala902102001

Brook's already got more offensive moves than 90% of the centers in the league.

14. khimmatramka16

This guy is really good.. he reminds me of a poor man's Blake Griffin, which is still REALLY good

15. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

In his third year he'll definitely be at least a 18/12/2.5 player.

If he works on his 15-18 footer he'll be deadly.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Speaking of which, have you guys seen this dude play?? He is extremely good! Wait until about this time next year after Blake Griffin has gotten used to playing with the big men of the NBA and he will put up strong numbers. I'd love to see him next to Jason Thompson in Sacramento!

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

I met the guy the Nets brought in specifically to work with Lopez this year: Roy Rogers, former NBA player and Alabama grad (not the guy with a horse named Trigger). He's my roommate's brother-in-law and got us free tix to see the Nets play the Lakers.

Great guy, so it's good to see him succeed. Hopefully, his work with Lopez will get him noticed around the league.

18. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

his twin sux... Robin

19. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And also the answer to "Who did the Rockets trade to get Scottie Pippen?"

The Bulls won that trade. :(

20. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

To me, he's the next Brad Daugherty. Which is pretty good.