1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unbelievable - Harris Wittels died

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dc rock, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Buck Turgidson

possibly nsfw

[​IMG]

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So another celebrity OD's and people turn out in mass to celebrate him. Another Junky dies in the street and people talk about what a horrible monster that person was.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

f***in awesome

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

But this guy had talent and made something of himself from nothing.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

We need to be more compassionate to everybody.

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I didn't follow the whole Gryzzl episode arc, but wasn't that Jorma Taccone?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Only if they do something we benefit from.

This is a consumerist society remember.

8. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I can't remember a single incident of the news reporting on a random junkie dying the street. So the usual discussion about an incident like that is no discussion at all.

Also, I don't think most people would think of the person as a monster. I can't speak for others, but I would feel remorse and pity for them.

Harris was a very talented person. He made contributions to society in spite of his addictions. When this is the case, people like to celebrate someones accomplishments and mourn their death.

His work on Parks and Rec, his many appearances on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast, and the music he made with his band Don't Stop or We'll Die have all been huge sources of entertainment for me personally. So I like to remember the joy that his work has brought me. I can't really understand why someone would have a problem with that.

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

It's strange and sad that a guy whose comedy was so imediate and unique is now forever fixed into this relatively small period of time. He was great because he was always aware of a joke's shelf life (even got tired of humblebrag) and was constantly producing new ideas. It's why he rose so quickly in a difficult profession.

11. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

So I had never heard of this guy until he died, and maybe it's because we're the same age and both from Houston, but I've been listening to a lot of his podcast appearances ever since the news broke. This one in particular is pretty haunting.