1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Completely pointless waste of a season for the third year in a row!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Phillyrocket, Apr 26, 2012.

1. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Not pointless to me!

Went to a couple games, got drunk and screamed at the TV a couple nights, enjoyed watching Lowry play borderline allstar for a little bit, Parsons being an NBA player...

Take it for what its worth! ENTERTAINMENT! Of course I want to win a championship, but to say I had no level of entertainment this year, aka a waste, would be st000pid

2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

If a person has to ask what are the advantages of winning, then nothing I can say will convince them.

3. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The advantages of winning are much higher than rebuilding. It's better to be the 8th-9th seed for consecutive years. It has always worked for winning rings.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The first half wasn't what tanking looks like. The Rockets would probably score more than 12 points a quarter even if they were tanking.

That whole game was an example of what tanking and rebuilding looks like. We just happened to be playing a team who was even worse, so we won the game - barely.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Umm yea. People act they like just been standing pat, not trying to do anything. Well, that was their move after Yaos contract. You djd ask what they did with the flexability after Yaos contract. Thats what they did. And this yer we probably have enough to resign Dragic and a quality FA.

And fans weren't saying Gogi was the best PG in years at that time of the trade. Hell, there was a bigger uproar when this trade was revisited with Lowry involved. Fans were putting him behind Lowry and Lin, only recently have most fans been saying he's our best PG.

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

This board is such a great example of how terrible many/most Rockets "fans" are. Just have a little faith and a little patience. We've done some good things. I'll post the same thing I said in that other thread:

Well it's our fifth consecutive winning season, so... hey, that's something.

Things look glum right now, but I think that this team has gotten better each of the last three seasons, even though this year's final record [and that losing streak] didn't reflect that. We're moving the right direction, just very slowly. We'll catch a break soon enough, though.

8. onreego

onreego Member

Funny thing is, DD was all over the Morey for letting Lin go and once Dragic blew up, he uses him as the example as to why the Gasol trade would have been a big fail. Lose-lose situation I guess.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah...one playoff series victory in 15 years, and it's the fans' fault. give me a break.

10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Uh... not that some decent fan support wouldn't help, but do you want to point me to where did I say it was the fans' fault?

11. MadMax

Show me a fan base in the NBA that's rabid for a team that has accomplished as little as this franchise has accomplished over the last 15 seasons.

12. jogo

jogo Member

This. Everyone on clutchfans would complain if we won 30 games next year. EVERYONE. The protankers and antitankers. Losing doesn't make teams better overnight. OKC got lucky with their picks. Boston made huge trades. Even if we received a high draft pick that doesn't mean that it would turn into a star. Most drafts only the #1 pick is really all star potential and we'll never be bad enough to have a good chance at that pick (though we could win it in the lottery). In almost all instances, a team has to be decent to add a great draft pick and have a good team right away.

The teams that lose big every year-Sac, Char, NJ, Was, Det-are bad for years before they start to win again. The tankers couldn't take one season of winning 30 games, much less 3 or more.

13. MadMax

try me. i'm all in either way. seems to me in the NBA you have to take your medicine at some point...it's overdue for us now. one way or the other i'll b**** until they start winning playoff series.

14. jogo

jogo Member

Starting in 1993, the Celtics had 8 years of sub .500 ball in a row. 8 years!

Detroit has had 5 years of sub .500 ball now. It seems like FOREVER when they were a good team.

Sac has 7 years...

It feels like once teams start intentionally going bad (playing the youngsters) they get stuck as bad teams.

The challenge for the Rockets is that they'll have to face OKC, SA, LAL, or LAC in the 1st round of the playoffs for years even if they do make it. Those teams are all a lot better than the Rockets, even if we miraculously acquired Anthony Davis.

15. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

C'mon Dude - Absolute waste of time? accomplished nothing?

I saw some of the most compelling, Amazing, Exciting Rockets games This year - Don't know about you - but the Bulls Lakers Comeback wins on the road did not waste my time !!

We didn't accomplish the goal of making the playoffs - but We learned a lot about future stars in Dragic, Parsons - got a solid year from Courtney and Luis. just Need one more piece - to say this team is a waste and accomplished nothing is a slap to the guys we have - who brought it every night.

Disappointing we didn't make the postseason - YES

Waste of time - Not mine, Dude

1 person likes this.
  16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

every team wants them except pau, an over hill player. some teams were smart enough to know they had no chance so they don't try. just like there are millions ppl who don't buy lottery tickets. they know the chance to get lottery is smaller than getting strike by lightening. try means nothing if your chance is zero. rox needs both, try hard and try smart not just hard.

houston is not a place to attract elite players unless you have one already. since yao gone, we don't have chance to trade for one elite player so we should go other way, drafting player. so getting the highest picks is more improtant than trying hard to trade for a superstar, game changer.

17. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

more important fact is drafting a star is not affected by the cap issue.

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Yeah, I understand venting and it is frustrating, but if you're saying that Bobcats fans have more to cheer for than we do you're out of your mind.

We have a lot to look forward to, we have a chance (a small one) to move up in the draft we have the Knicks picks to take a shot at another player maybe Austin Rivers. We have Montjuanes joining us next season. We have Parson, Dragic, Morris showing they have plenty of potential. We have cap space and we have tradeable players.

What I don't get is that if this team wen to full tank mode we could be looking at 3 or four seasons just to get to this level. So why is unacceptable to give Morey 3 or 4 years to do it his way?

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

20. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

No t*tties anymore.