1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeJuan Blair or Sergio Llul: What could have been

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Nov 5, 2009.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

come back to this thread after 2 years and we'll talk about Blair's knee problems.

3. Jimes

Jimes Member

We'll also have a batter idea by then if Llull was worth it.

4. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think the Rockets envisioned David Andersen being a solid rotation player on this team. That would make another big (excluding a defensive shot blocking 7 footer) unnecessary for now and the future because he wouldn't get minutes anyway.

5. steddinotayto

That's a strong possibility that those ACL-less knees are ticking timebombs but I'm wondering if Llull will ever come over here to play. Sure the kid's only 21 and could pay off handsomely if he comes over, but I (of course) have my doubts.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

interesting

i dont know how Llull will do but if Morey has confidence that he will be a quality rotational player maybe he can be

Has anyone kept up with what he is doing in the Euro Leagues right now? Wasnt he on the same team as Rubio? Maybe Morey felt that once Rubio left (which he did at least to a different team) that Llull will develop a lot better?

7. steddinotayto

on a side note, I always have this cross my mind whenever DeJuan Blair is discussed:

NSFW:

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't know anything about Llull, never seen him play. But Blair should have been an automatic pickup. I know he's an undersized PF that we already have a ton of, but at least he's a guaranteed asset. Scola's a free agent this summer, Landry's only under contract for one more year. If we lose either one of them, Blair could have stepped in to fill the gap. Even if his knees only last two years, at least we have two years of his solid play.

But knowing that he has no ACL's, I can perfectly understand why GM's would shy away. Our team in particular does not need more injury prone players.

9. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Hahahaha, the same thing comes to my mind as well.
    I just imagnie Blair's knees exploding like Kyle's :D

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Well if he didn't get the chance that would be a huge waste of money. He'll probably get a chance a couple years from now.

11. worzel gummidge

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Llull for me...Blair's injury issues are a major red flag that may or may not come back to haunt. Llull is seen as the 2nd best PG in Europe at 21 with room to improve...We need a shot blocking defensive center I don't see him being that at his height.

13. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

LMFAO.........second best point guard in Europe? Lay off the crack man.