1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Why would Morey make this trade? We don't need a fourth PG, although Ridnaur is far better than Flynn, and we don't need another tweener at SF/PF when we already have Morris on a cheaper contract than Beasley's. I'd rather have Milicic to back up Dalembert than either of those two.

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

He was just referring to the trade I proposed -- but, in my defense, I had also said this:

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Minny would want Kmart. To become a contender, you need to win a few games over the next year or two.

Problem is that they wouldn't deal Williams/Rubio/Love and we probably don't want Beasley/Wes Johnson. Randolph would be nice, but I would want another asset.

4. cod

cod Member

Love, Rubio, and Williams would benefit from playoff experience. That helps them in the future.

The T-Wolves have also said they want to devalue the 2012 1st round pick they traded away.

5. fattz

fattz Member

Rockets
    in - Robin Lopez, Markieff Morris, PS 2nd round '12, and small filler
    out - Hill, T-Will, Budinger,and HR 1st round '12

Suns
    in - Hill, T-Will, Budinger,and HR 1st round '12
    out - Robin Lopez, Markieff Morris, PS 2nd round '12, and small filler

For the Rockets:
    +We know neither are bust and both are coachable
    +Scola is now MORE THAN tradeable
    +We can make up for the loss of the draft pick in the Scola trade
    +The sun suck so badly the 2nd round pick will be so high it is like a low 1st rounder BUT BETTER the player is on a mini salary.
    +Markieff is going to be a soild player for years to come and is worth the 1st round pick alone IMO.
    +R. Lopez has a the size and skillset to be a better than average starting center IMO all he needs a coach that can reach him.
    +Room to sign Greg Smith (just leave him in the D-league for the rest of this season)
    +SammyD/Lopez
    +Patterson/BigMorrris
    +Parsons/Lil'Morris

For the Suns:
    Change in Team Outlook: +4.6 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and +0.6 apg
    +Hill is serviceable Big now, but on a new team playing power forward next to a good center he should shine maybe not a star but better than most
    +Budinger plays best with a pass first point (Nash)
    +There is a lot of room for T-Will with the Suns
    +They could sign all of them if wanted or just part ways for cap space - (Budinger has a team option for less than 1M)
    +Another lottery pick in '12 plus their own ~ rebuilding in a deep draft

Thoughts?

6. King901

King901 Member

i believe PHX would piss on this trade.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

this.

8. fattz

fattz Member

Maybe both NYK and our pick?
    -3 lottery picks for the 2012 draft
    -a new start for Hill (playing power forward)
    -Budinger (one of the best contract in the league)
    -T-Will (you do have a piont)
    -I think Lopez is going to walk from PHX next year anyway if can't start.(and he can't/shouldn't)

I would do both picks; would you?

9. dingus

dingus Member

Lowry, Scola, Morris, and Hill -> Deron Williams

Pray for Dwight to consider us in FA, which would coincide with resigning Williams

Next year we have a nucleus of Deron Williams, Kevin Martin, Parsons, Patterson, Dwight + 2 first round draft picks (trading Lowry and Scola may even hurt us enough to fall into the lottery)

Before everyone starts screaming bloody murder over trading Lowry... I get it. Lowry is also my favorite Rocket (with Yao and Hayes) over the past 10 or so years. Per dollar, Lowry is a much better value than Deron Williams as he is 90% of the player at 50% the cost. However, Morey seems to realize (along with most of the NBA) that the extra 10% (the difference between all-star and superstar) is worth the cost.

Factor in that Lowry's value has never been higher, and Williams' value has never been lower... I'd do this trade in a heartbeat.

Perhaps we could wait til the offseason and only do this deal contingent on both Howard committing to sign and doing a S-n-T with the Nets. But I don't think that exerts enough pressure on Howard, Williams... and the only way this works is if we call each player's bluff on declaring where they want to play by instead offering the best money/championship combo.

Additionally, I don't know if retaining Martin would allow us to sign Howard to max dollars in free agency. We may have to unload him for smaller contracts to make it work under the cap.

Finally... New Jersey would never do this. They could not justify trading everything they did to Utah for Lowry, Scola, Morris, etc. From the sound of it... they are committed to going all or nothing to a Williams-Howard nucleus (no matter that their supporting cast is pretty awful and the Nets do not offer these two the best chance at a championship). This is just a hypothetical as a trade that makes a lot of sense for everyone involved and is realistic. Unfortunately... it is hiiiiighly improbable.

10. body slam

body slam Member

A good trade hurts. You have to give up something to get something. There are alot of good reason why the Rockets should keep Lowry most being his play and pay. At the same time these are the same things that make him very attractive to other teams. If moving Lowry is the key to making the Rockets serious contenders I'm all for it.

11. fattz

fattz Member

Rockets
    in - Robin Lopez, Markieff Morris, and PS 2nd round '12
    out - Hill, Lee, Budinger,and HR 1st round '12

Suns
    in - Hill, Lee, Budinger,and HR 1st round '12
    out - Robin Lopez, Markieff Morris, and PS 2nd round '12

all things said remain true but:
    with Lee
    Change in Suns Outlook: +7.7 ppg, +1.7 rpg, and +1.1 apg.
    with T-Will
    Change in Suns Outlook: +4.6 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and +0.6 apg

(sadly I think this would mean more time with Martin here)

12. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Lowry's the fourth best point guard in the league. He's untradeable.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Anyone on this team is tradeable.

14. faraza84

faraza84 Member

scola+dalembert+flynn+hill+twill for Bosh and a 1st round

helps miami win now with a center and pfs and a wing

helps us get a player to build around

15. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Flynn, Hill and TWill are worthless to Miami, they are not rebuilding, and they don't need young prospective...
    Miami can easily sign solid rotation player like Scola or Dalembert from the free agent market...

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm sorry but where did you get this info? Not one of Morey's trades so far included Kyle Lowry. He is basically untouchable, unless someone offers us LBJ, Durant or DH for a Kyle Lowry package.

From a pure b-ball standpoint, paying 50% more for that 10% difference only works when the rest of your team is already stacked. Otherwise, you can spend that 50% on another spot and increase your team talent more than just by getting D-Will instead of Lowry. For example, we can probably offer a package for someone like Danny Granger, who would be an upgrade over any sf on the roster.

17. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Yes.
    Anyone but Kyle Lowry.

18. joesr

joesr Member

Sorry guy, everyone is a asset

19. dingus

dingus Member

Morey continually says that finding a superstar is the hardest thing to do in the league. He says that the jump from a near all-star to superstar is astronomical in terms of value. I am just paraphrasing here, but you can find the quotes if you look.

I also clearly stated that the only reason to trade Lowry for Williams is to attract other big name players to Houston.

The difference between Lowry and Williams is that Deron has the star power to attract other players while Lowry doesn't. If we could possibly keep Lowry and still attract Howard I'd be all for that, tenfold. But that just isn't the reality of the league today.

20. dingus

dingus Member

As a continuation of what I was saying, if you look around at league message boards, Lowry is still WILDLY undervalued by the common fan. It's like David Stern trying to treat him as a throw-in all over again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.