1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Last Time Out) The Star Nobody Appreciates

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, May 26, 2016.

1. dream2franchise

A good read by Deshawn Hornback of The Last Timeout.

https://thelasttimeout.com/2016/05/26/the-star-nobody-appreciates/

1 person likes this.
  2. Harden's beard

great read. basically what I've been saying all along, good to know someone else out there also sees the truth.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You had me until I read "Chris Broussard (A great journalist might I add)". I was done after that. We really had to scrape the bottom of the well to get a positive article about Harden. Kudos for that.

4. boiler

boiler Member

First of all, there are plenty of criticisms about Westbrook's shot selection. Second of all, major problem with Harden is his lack of effort on the defensive end. If he gives as much effort as Westbrook, he will get much less scrutiny.

5. dream2franchise

Yeah that made my shake my head a little, but perhaps outside of his 'multiple sauces' he is pretty good? His written work may be decent for all we know. I'm not sure since I ignore anything he puts out there.

6. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

ZERO comments below the article.

It's a great, knowledgable and well informed article, but it will do nothing to change the public and media opinion of Harden. If the Rockets make the WCF again, then respect ay come back. For one thing, I'll say he's great numbers this year are going to durastically improve under Dantoni. Winning? I don't know.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, people who say Clutchfans don't make a difference. Hmmmmhmmmmmm or whatever - that video of his literally is the root of all this.

I thought it would give Harden a kick in the ass, and it did for a while. Now he seems to embrace it.

The Kardashians ruined this team. I guess Harden will be moving to LA

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That video will haunt Harden for the rest of his career. it's amazing.

9. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

never seen a more unduly hated player than this dood. i love it though. who else can put up historic numbers and not make an all nba team? the hate is real. let 'em hate. even when y'all buy in to this crap. don't make a difference. we got a special dood.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The problem with Harden is his effort. You can find Nash and Curry with similar clips, the difference is Harden's demeanor is of one not giving a crap. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't...not a coincidence that's how 99% of the people watching him perceive it as.