1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's Fear The Walking Dead - Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

April 10, 2016

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3tQuCK6m69M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Did this ever pick up after the first few episodes? You just know it's going to cross with TWD at some point and I didn't finish the season..

3. Xerobull

It ended quite nicely, from a zombie perspective.

Honestly, I liked the story and characterization more in this show than in TWD.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I watched the first 2 episodes or so and never went back.

I pretty much in the same boat, wondering if this show was worth watching or not....

Not sure if I can deal with another walking dead type show (cheesiness/bad decisions).

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i was skeptical, but kept watching and i thought it actually got better as it went along. the first episode is the worst one imo.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I liked this show more than the last couple of seasons of TWD. Better acting overall that is for sure.

7. Buck Turgidson

Since they're on boats and stuff, what are the odds of Kim Dickens showing off her chesticles?

Love them southern girls.

#deadwood #treme

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Agreed, I enjoyed the first season of FTWD more than I did the last few seasons of the flagship show....

9. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

I watched all the episodes, but still hated everyone. I'll watched season 2, because... zombies.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think it definitely got better, but still didn't have a ton of characters you were rooting for.

I increasingly enjoyed the druggie son.

And the black character introduced the last couple episodes might be my favorite... interesting character.

Will definitely watch season 2.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The main actor played a gangster in the movie Training Day. Knew that face looked too familiar. Loved both equally the same. TWD Shane was a bad ass, reminded me of me.

12. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I was disappointed in how quickly S1 went from discovery of the plague to full-blown survival mode. I thought that seeing the gradual breakdown of society would be interesting, but instead it turned into TWD v2.0 very rapidly.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I viewed it as it went into Quarantined Mode, not Survival Mode...unless I'm forgetting something. As far as the caged communities are concerned, the Army/National Guard is still in control, right? Not until they get overwhelmed will we be in Survival Mode.

14. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

That's a more accurate description, but I still think the most interesting part of a zombie universe is the time just before this quarantine, which S1 glossed over quickly.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

They can still delve into that if they want. For instance take the boat they just got on to Seattle or Portland. Where the people are still in quarantine and have not been overrun, but have lost outside communication. I'm sure there are many ways you could go with it. They may not at all though obviously.

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

The main issue I had with season 1 is glossing over the population density of LA. I don't think they did a good job... I mean other than the arena scene where the hell did the rest of the pop go??? Yes... I know they showed the camps and the bad stuff etc, but... with millions of people it would be chaos. I mean if they're going to do it like that... it was a lot better in TWD since they could just put a ton of traffic etc and have you imagine it.

17. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Are you catching the shorts they're showing during commercial breaks on TWD; FTWD Flight #XXXX? You can pick up more clues to the out break and it most deffo shows the whole thing going t*** up into zombie land.

18. Xerobull

[​IMG]

Fear the Walking Dead' season 2 updates, plot rumors: Survivors will meet pirates? Warning- this page has auto-play videos

AMC's "Fear the Walking Dead" is set to air its brand new season this April, and after a series of teaser trailers, fans are wondering what life would be like for the survivors when they find refuge aboard a yacht.

Recently, AMC gave fans a tour of the set of season 2 and it was revealed that the filming for water scenes was done at Baja Studios in Mexico. Fans also got a tour of Victor Strand's (Colman Domingo) yacht, "Abigail," which was described by production designer Bernardo Trujillo as "cold, architecturally clean, a little bit detached. I think that goes along really well with his character, Victor Strand."

It has already been established that much of season 2 will feature water action, but there are just a lot of possibilities to the storyline. In the video, it was said that the story may not begin on the yacht, but most of the storylines will revolve in the luxurious Abigail.

Meanwhile, MTV came up with a list of possible plots that could take place, knowing that the survivors have fled the land and chosen to stay safe on the waters. But is being off the ground really safe?
    Pirates could be one of the possible hurdles that the survivors will face. Knowing that most of the scenes will be on water, it's not unlikely that a group of pirates will terrorize the survivors.

Strand remains to be a mystery. One has to wonder why Strand randomly picked Nick (Frank Dillane) to accompany him in his unknown mission. Another is that he has a luxurious yacht filled with supplies to last the apocalypse. One also has to question why he was so willing to take Nick and his family. All these questions about Strand's characters will ultimately be answered in season 2.

It's going to be an exciting water-themed brand new season for "Fear the Walking Dead," when it premieres on April 10 on AMC.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Now we got zombies ON A BOAT!! (well 5 minutes of zombies sandwiched in between 40 more minutes of characters struggling their their humanity).

This show has better actors for the most part, but still the same idiots that think writing character means making them cry and have long talks about humanity will drive the show. You cast Kim Dickens... a great strong female character actor, and you immediately make her a cry baby & a jealous wife for half the season. Good job.

But you have zombies and your story showed an earlier timeline of when the outbreak started.... good job Walking Dead. I'll be skipping this one.

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

Her teeth give me the impression he gives horrible head.