1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's Fear The Walking Dead - Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Thought the episode was ok. Lots of just off the wall random moments. I feel like its taking a really weird turn with:

Travis and Chris leaving to go where??

Nick looking up to Celia, but staying now that she is presumably dead?

Strand taking Alicia and her mom (cant think of her name lol)

Seems like everyone is splitting up and im wondering who joins back up.

2. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Everyone went full r****d. Madison committing cold blooded murder, Chris killing a guy for his 1911 and holding a child hostage, and Daniel burning the place down. Too bad Strand is gay. He would otherwise be swimming in it with those three.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I agree... the show had been strong up until they arrived at Abigail's villa. I agree with all your random thoughts/questions. My hope is...

Chris and Travis leaving the show for good... two of the weakest characters, compared to Alicia, Madison, and Street. The show would be way more interesting focusing on them, Daniel and Ofelia. Lose Nick too... was starting to get interesting, but traded drug issue for Celia/pozole addiction. The episodes on the boat and even the beach were much more interesting... hopefully they return to the boat and possible bathing suit scenes with Alicia and Ofelia. Hey, we can dream?

The problem is... while the TWD mid and finale episodes are usually strong enough to keep interest during the hiatuses, this episode wasn't.

4. hvic

hvic Member

since sucking it up and watching every episode of season two and hoping it will get better. I don't think I will be watching it anymore. Whoever is writing and the actors sucks.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I've been positive regarding this show (the last 3 pages in the thread show that) but this episode Sucked. As was said a few posts back, it just seemed like several random things happening. I don't know what they can do to fix this show because it seems to have potential. It seems though that they are probably losing viewers and it will be hard from where they are at to recover.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is only season 2 of a spinoff show of another cannon series that is one of the longer running (and more problematic) leading shows on TV.... but we are ALREADY talking about needing to "fix" the series? I'm glad I decided to skip this season and MAYBE binge watch later on, now I don't even know if I want to invest in that.

And you got Cliff Curtis, Katie Dickie, and Ruben Blades for this show, and you have people saying here that their dialog is terrible, and their characters are a mess.... damn.

This also doesn't bode well for the conclusion TWD. With such poor execution on everything they touch with the series, I have a feeling the show is going to have a severe drop in viewership over the next season or two. Its becoming way too much of a niche show. If you love daytime soap operas and Zombies.. we got your show.

I'm off TWD train for the time being.

7. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I don't understand the need to spoil tag these. Why would anyone visit this thread if they didn't want to discuss the episode. It is not like you are revealing any secret for future episodes.

You've been exposed as a psycho and no one there wants you, why would you stay there? Chris is not going back. Tavis, being his father, he will not leave his son to be on his own. Any loving father would do that regardless how psycho your son is, that is just blind parental love. There is no way Travis can bring him back to the group knowing that his son is a killer.

Nick feels Celia understands him and accepts him. That is why he had his outburst with Madison about how she treated him during his drug induced days. He didn't stay because of Celia, he is staying because he feel he is among the dead and that he doesn't belong with Madison's group of "killers".

Strand don't want to be alone. He did ask Madison to join him when he was digging the grave. What choice does Madison have if she doesn't leave with Strand?

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

it's all emo/PTSD garbage, just give us a raw survival story ffs

9. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Exactly.

10. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Agree with everyone. Episode was terrible and so is this show.

Still don't know why I continue to watch

11. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

This any good? forgot was on after walking dead ended. liked the first season, not 100% sure i wanna commit to watching another season

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Badass Daniel is gonna badass

13. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

This show went full r****d in the finale.

Nick one of the few interesting characters decides to become a zombie civil rights activist.

Daniel turns into Rick at the prison when he was seeing Lori but worse, he potentially lit himself on fire.

Emo Chris decides he's had a bad week and it's time to start taking children hostage, Travis the loving father thinks this is just kids being kids. Someone needs to tell Chris to look at the flowers.

Also it's funny how much they have already recycled from TWD. You knew it was going to happen some but this much already?

14. Nero

Nero Member

Slightly off topic question here..

At the compound, it was basically a recycle of Herschel's farm, in that they were keeping AND FEEDING zombies..

Why would anyone feel the need to feed them? They literally do not need to be fed, like, EVER. You'd think at some point, someone would notice that these things don't need to be fed, and that giving them anything to eat is simply a waste of resources.

Oh well, just suddenly wondered..

15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Because they're like, still people man....:rolleyes:

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You elude to something else that bothers me about the show. It's becoming like the walking dead all over again. What first really interested me about the show was the actual transition period and taking over of the zombies. It just seems like they glossed over that whole period fairly quickly. They have shown more pockets of people here and there, but other than that it's basically TWD, minus likable and redeeming characters.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah exactly, it took Rick and crew seasons before they stopped trusting people and started to go on a killing rampage and mentality that no one is trustworthy and that you must get them before they get you.... In Fear by season 2 everyone has done something completely f-up for their survival and family... Rick atleast saw a lot of tragedy and sadness before turning into whom he is now...

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think they did a poor job of the population too... LA and no big riots or huge zombie horde, less road traffic than real life??? Yes, there was the arena but other than that they did ****ty on it, it would have almost been better if they just described it. TWD even did a better job and that was a lot later after the outbreak. I don't think small platoons of military would contain all of LA... So millions of people just disappear... You remember the evacuation for the hurricane in Houston??? Lol, they really failed on that.

I mean people couldn't get out of houston easily for Hurricane Rita and I'm supposed to believe a zombie outbreak has no chaos??? Do people forget Katrina aftermath? I mean obviously hurricane is different than zombies, but I think the chaos would be crazy

19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Gotta agree here. Finally got caught up and it seems they skipped over what made season one so great, that being the downfall of civilization. Season two so far feels real slow because it has focused almost exclusively on human conflit. It took WD several seasons to get to that point, where the dead aren't much of a threat and the protagonists have lost most of their trust in humanity. And I just don't care about these characters much. They're a bit disjointed. One moment I'm rooting for them, the next they're acting like pricks and doing something stupid.

20. Buck Turgidson

Meanwhile in Florida, the zombie apocalypse has begun:

The first deputy to arrive found the suspect on top of the male victim in the driveway.

The suspect was biting and removing pieces of the victims face with his teeth, MCSO says.

The deputy tried to remove the suspect, using a stun gun, but it had no effect.

A K-9 arrived, biting the suspect, but was still unable to get him off the victim.

MCSO says deputies were eventually able to pry the suspect off and take him into custody.

http://www.wptv.com/news/police-investigating-double-fatal-stabbing-in-tequesta