1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Food Poisoning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Mar 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So, I ate at Barton Creek Mall on Sunday in the food court. I ate at the Japanese place where they grill the chicken right in front of you.

Apparently it was not fully cooked because I got food poisoning Sunday night and all day Monday.....I have not been able to eat more than a half piece of toast in the last 2 days.

Has anyone else had this, and how long does it last? I feel pretty good today, but still not able to "stomach" much.

I am off to England tomorrow, and want to partake like normal but am afraid that I will be somewhat limited.

Anyone else have FP experience?

DD

2. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Please extend my condolences to your colon.

3. DaDakota

I guarantee it is the cleanest colon in all the land......

:)

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Do you have enemies? Maybe it's a preemtive coup by someone who wants to keep you out of Gizmondo.

5. DaDakota

Nah,

We are going ahead with our launch this Saturday in London. Thus the trip over.

www.gizmondostudios.com is the developers website.

The giz will be a fun ride no matter what it's conclusion...but this Food Poisoning...YECK !

DD

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

it usually lasts a couple days

limit yourself to blah starchy foods for a couple days

this was the advice from my Dr. last time it happened to me

good luck in jolly ol england

7. DaDakota

Thanks Voodoo.

One cool part of this trip is that I get to meet Sting on Friday, we are talking about a deal with him.

I think my wife is more excited than I am.

DD

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

How can I put this....

Do you have a bad case of the sh!ts? If your excrement is liquid enough to crap through a straw, then you certainly have salmonella. If so, then I can definitely sympathize. It's a terrible affliction. The only cure is time, so try to take it easy. Hopefully, it isn't anything worse. In any case, I would see the doc to make sure.

9. DaDakota

I definitly had this on Sunday and Monday, today a bit but it is starting to solidify...I THINK !!

At least I have not had to go all day.....

DD

10. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Oh, you put it very delicately I think. Glad you showed restraint.

11. TraJ

TraJ Member

I second the bland food motion.

I had food poisoning a few months ago. I even went to the doctor. She had me eat nothing for the rest of that day -- just ice chips. Then she said I could have mashed potatoes, toast, jello, bananas (I think), and rice. I lived on jello, bland mashed potatoes, and toast for a couple of days. Oh, and chicken broth. Not bad on the mashed potatoes. Go light on the butter on the potatoes and toast -- or do without it if you can. Forgot one other thing: apple sauce. You can have that too.

12. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I'll bet that you will lose weight faster than that Atkins diet.

13. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

I got food poisoning from the Los Cucos mexican restaurant next to Katy Mills mall back in August. It just so happened the next day i had to make a 6 hour drive for a funeral. Very fun...

14. droxford

droxford Member

I've had food poisoning from grilled chicken at Chili's near my house. The worst part to me was the unbearable intestinal and stomach cramps that I had.

Hey - I think you're not supposed to take Immodium or anything like that. Supposedly, it prevents your body from purging the bug that's in your digestive system.

A solution I've found is to fast. Go as long as you can while drinking as little as you can (just water), and don't eat any food. Eventually, when you can't bear it any more, eat some food and your body won't purge it. You'll feel week for a little while afterwards, but it seems that the body gets over it faster if you fast. (note: I'm not a doctor).

-- droxford

15. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

No, don't ever take Immodium for food poisoning issues. Don't fast, well, don't stop drinking water. In fact, it's almost better to drink Pedialyte, or even gatorade or powerade. You definitely need to restore the fluids you're losing through the other end....

16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

If its bland food you need, good thing you are going to England.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

By a box of those Metamucil packets, and start taking that 2 or 3 times a day. Things will start to work better pretty quickly, I think. My doctor says Pepto-Bismol beats anything else for that ailment, btw. And stay away from food court garbage, but you know that, don't you! ;)

My wife really laughed at your sign the other day. I swear, there is no accounting for her sense of humor! :p

Have a great trip, DD.

18. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I'm a doctor. I recommend 3 cookies and a warm glass of milk.

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

i had food poisoning 3 times:(
    once with a BBQ the meat was not done. i was ok until i got up the next day.
    Once with Fish soup. it was at my birthday. and suddenly i jsut got very sick, it was a couple of hours after diner. I just send everybody away.
    And once when i ate at a restaurant. the fish was not good. And i had to play a tennis match the next mourning, i never played worse. i was like:

ok so this i my racket, and somewhere over at the other side of the net is an opponent.....
    ok he is gonna serve.....
    oh wait the ball is already behind me.
    ok now i have to serve, when te worlds stops spinning i might know in wich direction i have to throw the ball and then hit it.

i do not think i have to tell you i didn't win that match.

al three times i just couldn't stand up. and i threw up alot. good luck

20. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I am not a Dr. I lived with a RN for years and she recommended the B.R.A.T. diet for children with intestinal problems.

B--BAnannas
    R--Rice
    A--Apple Sauce
    T--Toast

I also recommend Pedialite and gatorade to restore the electrolites....

I got food poisoning at "La Fonda San Miguel" in 1978 -I ate the "Vera Cruz" fish. The special promoted by the waiter and Maitre D.I was hurling at a theatre on Hancock Lane --locked out of restroom -while my girlfriend watched "Fiddler on the Roof"

I was having "anal seepage " while Zero Mostel sang "If I were a Rich Man"

I wanted to go kill the MGR at "La Fonda San Miguel" when I got well 3 days later.

My body swelled with infection and I became Jaundiced-ornage -yellow- and I weathered it out at home- treated as an out patient at the UT student health center...

No fun - my sympathy to you DD....