1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dumb & Dumber 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rashmon, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

There you go... Your immediate fondness for this movie rests in nostalgia...

2. SunsRocketsfan

From the trailer it looks like there is a 99.9% chance that this movie is going to suck major donkey balls BUT......

[​IMG]

it might not suck ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. Hmm

Hmm Member

Actually, I saw this with my mother in a "family movie" night.. She was quite literally laughing out loud right along with me... And she's always favored romantic movies and lifetime-esque "real life" dramas...

Tommy Boy also did an unexpected number on her... Good comedy, is just good comedy... When it's well executed, it doesn't matter what your preference is...

The "20 years younger" excuse doesn't hold up if the film itself holds up without the need of nostalgia... For example, I look back at Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison, and think, "I actually enjoyed this as a kid...?"

I look back at the Mask and Dumb and Dumber and just have several good laughs and enjoy them... That's all on the actor, the set-up, the timing, the execution of the humor...

We're not talking about Disney's the Swan Princess, where you can dismiss it all to your age at the time... Dumb and Dumber still holds up as a classic comedy...

4. SunsRocketsfan

yup the original was DUMB but it was SMART dumb comedy.. From the trailer this one just looks DUMB DUMB which isnt funny.

My All time favorite comedies

Airplane
    Space Balls
    Naked Gun Series (cant believe they are remaking this one too. ughhhh)
    Austin Powers
    Ace Ventura's
    American Pie (the non crappy ones)
    Dumb and Dumber

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

These are films about idiots. It's not gonna take much to define the characters for a new generation. And anyone that saw and were fans of the original isn't gonna need much to jog their memory. This isn't a sequel to some obscure fillm, but (fair to say) a classic comedy that gets regular airplay on cable.

Plus you can still accomplish those two things without being so similar to the first, which it was.

6. VanityHalfBlack

The Farelly brothers stole some of those bits in the original film from Problem Child so...

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lGXHVlEklgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RDwrdSBbyaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#107 Xerobull, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It is probably on par with the old one. Same ZANY jokes, racy and sexually-driven funny moments, and a silly plotline, all convoluted to be the dumb movie that it is. :eek:

You will laugh your butt off if you're into crazy goofy comedies. Don't expect some oscar-worthy performance from any of the actors, but then again, when do you from a comedy like this one?

I give it an 8/10 and I don't care what rottentomatoes says. Not truly for the big screen, but if you have two hours of movie time to spend, and are a fan of the first one, DEFINITELY see it.

EDIT: LOTS of funnier scenes aren't in the trailers.
    EDIT 2: STAY after the credits.

#108 SwoLy-D, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. VanityHalfBlack

^ I will do some happy cabbage before I go see it then. The trailer looks awful by the way but I'll take a chance.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Good to hear SwoLy-D, I wasn't worried about the cast as much as I worried at the fact that the Farrelly brothers haven't made a good movie in a good while.....

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'm gonna check it out regardless of what anyone says. The first dumb and dumber was one of the funniest movies of all time.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Does that imply a bleepers reel?

A lot of times...I tend to find the bleepers real funnier than anything in the movie itself.

13. SwoLy-D

No. :cool: That's not what I implied.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

^^^ Nice reply...:eek:

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

how was the crowd Swoly? wondering if there was any demand for it, and it's rare that they have screenings over at Katy Mills.

still looking forward to it, the commercials look way better than the 1st trailer

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If you want a good crowd for a funny movie, always go to a movie theatre with more black people.

Just saying, that the times I have been in a movie theatre with black people the energy is higher up and more contagious laughing as well. Hence I enjoy it more.

17. VanityHalfBlack

The trailer is awful.

18. SwoLy-D

One more time, D2K... thanks for this. :cool:

Theater was full, even the neck-breaker seats at the bottom were about 75% filled. It was mostly white peeps, with a few scattered brown, "Hispanic?", and Lin peeps. I saw some Pinoys, too. :grin:

The entire crowd LOL'd at most of the zany and racy bits, and the raunchy stuff was also LOL'd @.

In all, I think Mrs. SwoLy (don't ask for pics) truly enjoyed the movie... but more so that it was Free. I wouldn't have minded paying, either.

[​IMG]

19. shawn786

shawn786 Member

This.

Still going to have to go see it because I was such a fan of the original.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Jeff Daniels is fat, doesn't take care of himself and has a goofy smile... and yet is still handsome. WEIRD.