1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic Posturing About Keeping Dwight Howard Until Feb. 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 23, 2012.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lulz, you mean in everybody's opinion.:grin:

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Hahaha, didn't know other agreed lol.

3. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

Angry much bro? Yes. Yes. My view on life sucks... what on earth am i doing here?

It's been said he doesn't want to go to teams that have had marquee centers. He wants to start his own legacy rather than compared to one. Either way, he will always be compared to the top centers of the game so there's no way of running away from that.

Obviously you can read but you definitely can't comprehend. Did I say he was scared of those players? He's scared to play for teams that have had great legacy. Taking the easy route to play for a team that has no history of great centers, hence the laziness.

I see you are well versed in this internet thugging. I'm glad to know that since you know so much about basketball your outlook on life is second only to Tim Tebow.

Stop posting complete nonsense? please point to my other nonsensical posts...
    :grin:

4. opticon

opticon Member

This is gong to go down similar to what happened with Chris Paul. Once training camp roles around things will got so uncomfortable that something will have to give.

5. Pete the Cheat

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The only reason the Magic haven't agreed to a deal is Hennigan needs to look like a competent GM, with ballsy negotiating skills so every other GM won't offer up squat from now on. Morey is letting him use the trade dates delay to let the press die down. Once football season starts, the Howard deal goes back to page 3. (except in Houston where it will be right under Texan's news.. for a day)

The trade inevitable, lie back and enjoy it. Don't get all anxious and blow off early. The art of the deal is half the fun.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The only reason the Magic haven't agreed to a deal is because the offers aren't very good. Morey isn't going to bid against himself and no one else is willing to take a risk on all this drama. Everybody in the NBA has a clear cut plan for the future with their squads and are hesitant to part with building blocks. We on the other hand, have had a revolving door and have no attatchment to any of our players. Our plan since Yao got hurt has been to accquire assets to trade for a star. Morey knows he can outbid anybody that comes along, and all we have to do now is wait it out until the Magic are forced to do a deal.

8. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

Looks natural :)

9. BIGHchamp

BIGHchamp Member

Nice, I could get used to that..

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So is it safe to assume you prefer the Bynum deal to the D12 deal?

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think most people agree that we have to give up more if we end up with D12 as opposed to Bynum. So I guess I can count that as a vote for the Bynum deal.

12. Fullcourt

Are you keeping a tally? No one knows what the 'Bynum deal' would entail, or a Howard deal either. They are just explaining what they think Howard is worth, this doesn't mean they prefer an Bynum deal.

13. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Does anyone think Al Jefferson could be available? He's in the final year of his deal and they have Kanter/Favors/Milsap on the roster. He has a good relationship from his Minnesota days with McHale. Just thinking he might be another option from Bynum if the Howard thing falls through.

14. Fullcourt

It's possible, but I doubt Morey goes for it. It really looks like we are ready to roll with our current squad if we can't get Howard.

15. Buck88

Yeah, like I said he is unrestricted next summer so maybe it's an offseason option for Morey.

16. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Not likely, Al Jefferson hasn't showed nor expressed any interest in joining other team yet. And some local news even says he is a loyal character player...

17. Fullcourt

Much more likely next Summer, depending on our squad. He has a relationship with McHale as well.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Actually I am not angry at all. Just trying out different "attitudes" when posting. This is way different than TDS. Idiots abound. And someone needs to stomp them. Ignorant overreaching posts need to be pointed out as such.

Posting that Howard is "scared and lazy" is just asking to get hammered. Before posting please read what you typed and make sure there is no nonsense included.

I personally do not think Howard is scared of anything. And the dude is the antithesis of lazy. He is a petulant teenager who is angry.

19. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

1. Trade yes; steal no, McHale is a native minnie, and he is a guy who lived with pride.
    2. Just like what I said in #1576.

20. Buck88

Well with both Milsap and Jefferson being unrestricted next summer, and Favors/Kanter progressing, the Jazz have some decisions to make.