1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac Press Conference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wakko67, Jan 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

What did he say?

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

F@#k I didn't realize he's that fat. maybe he needs a month of "offseason conditioning." 2 weeks isn't gonna cut it, we can survive if he's out a month and comes back like last years mcgrady.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It doesn't matter -- to call a press conference before a big game like this wreaks of attention w****.

4. JohnTX281

JohnTX281 Member

was anything said?

5. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i am very confused...wtf is giong on? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

6. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

Tmac announced that he was marrying himself

7. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

http://sports.sohu.com/20090114/n261740837.shtml

Okay this is the report from Zhang Yi of sohu.com.

1. Was asked how he felt about the 2-week rest. TMac said it was an important decision. It's been the toughest season to him since the expectation was very high. He did not have a normal off season and training camp, mentally and physically. He played with only one leg in order to get a better record for the team but that hurt him.

2. Was 2 week enough for him to recover. He said he wasn't sure but he will force he body. He thinks he is lack of strength and he will do some weight lifiting and exercises. He legs have becoming strong now. Mentally he has to believe his body but that's not the case now.

3. Is he worried about never back to the old TMac again. TMac said he wasn't worried at all. He'll try his best. Someone thought he is over and he found it was funny but humiliating.

4. Was he motivated by the critics. TMac said he was not the kind of person who stop in front of critics. He listened and read newspapers. He was motivated and when he's back, everything will be different and he promised. He also said he's the best playmaker/facilitator, and he wants to pass the ball to his teammates. Sometime the team needs his scoring but he could not offer and that hurts the team. But after all he just wanted to help the team to get a better start of the regular season. Now to let him out for 2 weeks is the best decision.

Disclaimer: I am lousy in English I know, that's the best I could offer. Sometime you'd wish Pryuen is here, don't you?

8. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Thanks. I had no probloem understanding.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

you did fine your english isnt bad at all

10. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

tx man, great translation.

i think everything he said is sorta expected. No big deal i guess. Hope he is not just playing PR game, work hard for real t-mac!

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Great recap freemaniam. And your English is much better than that of many people I know around here (and dare I say, better than Pryuen's).

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm not sure why a press conference was necessary, but then again radio folks were whining yesterday about him not having one.

13. vernonmaxwell11

i just have one question:

who the hell here can understand what in the world payton and webber are saying when they go into their ghetto banter?!?! they sound like a couple of mentally r****ded folk. WTH!

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Thank you, you did fine.

That is the key. His legs seemed weak, hopefully he will take adventage of those 2 weeks and will come back STRONG. So far, this season he hasn't been a scorer at all, that hurts, I agree. Hejust has to do everything to be himself.

I am optimistic

15. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I think the press con is needed, to repair TMac's image or his relationship with the media. What I don't agree is to hold the press con BEFORE the game, particularly this game. He can do it after the game, he is going to stay until the game ends anyway.

[Edit:] Oh, thanks for the kind words guys. Need to get back to work now or I will be fired. :p GO ROCKETS!

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Should of asked him what happened with the supposed 3 week break a month ago.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

So basically instead of putting stuff on his website, the same stuff needs to be done in press conference form cuz its the professional & "official" thing to do.

:rolleyes:

*Back to the ballgame....*

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Probably wanted to do it before because its the Lakers when a whole lot of people will be watching.

19. Koncept_Rocket

I think the press conference is basically to show that Tracy is on board with the decision for him to rest. He might have been compelled by Adleman /Morey but this gives the world a chance to see him and hear it from him.

In the event he did not talk to the media, speculation about him being disgruntled and holding the team hostage would have ensued. A good move on his/teams part.

Just a thought.

20. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I have faith!

Again...

Really, I think I'm going to believe in McGrady again...for just a while longer. It couldn't hurt, right?

McGrady FTW. My favorite bball player :cool: