1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Conspiracy Theories Be Damned – Just Enjoy The Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's really frustrating to watch the GARM self-destruct 6 games into the season. I can't believe people thought it would be easy. A lot of people assumed getting along off court would equal on court chemistry.

#2 RV6, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Last night's game was amazing I was watching while at work and nearly got myself fired. I personally am accepting of the direction this team has taken.

4. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Exactly, People are just assuming everything would fall into place. I dont expect this team to hit there stride until after the all star break.

5. trigun333

trigun333 Member

This^^^ times 100. I totally agree. It's going to take time for this team to gel and hit its stride. There are 82 games in a season, people are acting like there are only 16.

6. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

It is not all macro and micro.

Harden & Howard are great players who can lift the entire team up. But both of them have a frustrating capacity to drag the entire team down when they are playing badly.

7. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

Lost to the Lakers by one point and..."omg! the sky is falling!" or "Howard hates Lin!" or "McHale should change his name to McFail!"

nvm the Rockets have one of the best record in the NBA right now. nvm that the Rockets have the 2nd best points differential in the Western Conference...the best prior to last night's Lakers game. nvm that Harden and Howard looked like the best duo in the NBA one game ago vs the Blazers combining for 62 points on 67% shooting.

Overraction much? stop spreading baseless rumours of discontent in the locker room. stop trying to analyze every smile, win, scrowl, squint, frown, ect ect ect. RELAX!!!!

8. NotChandlerParsons

This forum self destructs after a road loss to the Heat.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Seriously, once they figure out how to be effective in the Twin Towers Set (or just decide to scrap it altogether), this team will take a major step in the right direction. Right now, things are a bit discombobulated because teams are sagging on Dwight in the post, and leaving Asik due to his inability to finish at the rim. To me, he's taken a HUGE step backwards as far as his ability to catch the ball near the basket, and finish strong. Because of this, teams can basically clog the strong side of the paint, keep us from penetrating, and force us to shoot 3's with Beverley and Parsons (neither of whom are fantastic 3 point shooters from the elbows). Unless Asik makes teams pay for leaving him open or our shooting improves, we'll continue to see this occur. However, with that being said, this team is 4-2 (should be 5-1) and trending upwards. I'm not concerned whatsoever.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Way to read the article buddy.

All in all a great post. I still have some reservations about this team, but even the Heat in their first season struggled a bit to get it together. Six games in they were 4-2 as well. They dropped an easy game to NO and a hard game to Boston. Kinda like we lost to the Clips and LA?

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Agreed. The whole "camera face" thing, btw, seems to be the basis of how most of the negative political attack ads get made during election season.

Basically, look at the video of your opponent giving a speech or what not, and pull out a frame of them with their mouth open or looking weird. Same thing with sound bytes: pick the worst sounding quote and interpret it in the most negative way.

Trying to read too much into body language of guys talking to each other for a few seconds is silly. I'd rather watch how they actually perform on the court-- whether they actually executing on both ends of the floor is more of an issue right now than whether they supposedly scowled at each other.

12. yummyhawtsauce

I agree with most points of this article. Many people are over reacting based on small details of the game and trying to guess what really happened. I can admit to doing that myself.

But you cannot avoid it. It is human nature to want to guess and speculate. We love the drama. Gives us something to talk about.

13. conquistador#11

The Rockets Are Due On Polk Street.

14. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Clearly didn't express myself well. If you watch the whole game you get frustrated by the team's play. This has nothing to do with dissection of every detail (the micro) or people searching for dirt or someone being a "winner" (the macro). It is just general frustration.

In this case it was with the best player on the court dragging the team down with crappy defense, and offense less than fully engaged when he didn't have the ball. That is going to cause people to go off on him in one direction or another, whatever the "macro" or "micro" of the internet is.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Jeff... enjoyed the read. I think you made some great points. We have to stay focused on the big pict... wait, why is Jeremy Lin the only one not smiling in that photo?!?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Play07

Play07 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YqI36cJn328" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Clearly Howard and Harden have decided to have fun at Lin's expense. Great photo to use with the article.

j/k

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

literal blanket statement about every athlete alive or have lived

Everyone has the capacity to drag an entire team down when they are playing bad, Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, Durant

19. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

They just told him he's paying for the trip to Vegas.

1 person likes this.
  20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Building chemistry takes time especially for a very young team like the rockets.