1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can We still make it???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Apr 5, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I've learned that the Suns won today over Minny. They're no 1 1/2 games ahead of us. Do you guys think that we can still make it to playoffs? I'm still hoping but I had lots of doubt about it. Tsk tsk tsk.....

2. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

sun have a tough schedule
    6 Sun @ L.A. Lakers
    8 Tue @ Denver
    9 Wed Dallas
    11 Fri Golden State
    13 Sun San Antonio
    15 Tue @ Portland
    16 Wed @ Seattle

i say they will go 4-3, so they will end up with 43-38

compare to them, rockets schedule r much more comfortable:

6 Sun Orlando
    8 Tue Portland
    9 Wed @ Utah
    12 Sat Seattle
    15 Tue Memphis
    16 Wed @ Denver

so if we can jut take care of our home game, we will be 43-39, and since we have the tie breaker, we will be just fine.

3. montelwilliams

The Suns play well against good teams. They've beaten the Spurs at San Antonio. I expect them to beat the Spurs at home.

4. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Phoenix will lose a minimum of 3 games which gives us a chance. They will likely lose at LA, Port and Sea and probably 1 of their homes games vs Dal or SA. They only have 2 gimme games @Den and GS.

However, the Rox need to win 5 of 6 to give them a good chance to go to the playoffs. 4 - maybe, 3 or less - forgetaboutit.

5. Playercentral

Playercentral Member

Rockets lose to Magic and Blazers, regardless of what the suns do we are Toast.

Let that be a motivation with our backs against the wall.

6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

no game is a gimme game......I think they will have trouble with Golden State.