1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's the Hawk been?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macalu, Dec 14, 2002.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

why hasn't hawkins been playing lately? his individual defence is great and i was hoping he be playing some against j-will last night. especially when it was clear steve couldn't hold him.

2. knifejc

knifejc Member

I was wondering the same thing. If the Hawk's biggest assist is his defense, why wasn't he out there? I haven't gotten a chance to watch a tape of the game yet so i don't know how the match ups looked

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Actually, with all due respect to Hawkins, im not so sure he can guard a player like Jason Williams.

Williams is lighting quick, maybe one of the quickest in the league. Hawk is better suited to guard 2s, 3s and maybe some of the bigger 1s.

Also, if you put Hawk in, that means Cuttino is out and I think Hawks's jumper is just too much of a liability, especially in a game like last night's where our outside shots were important.

4. knifejc

knifejc Member

since Rudy likes to use the 3 guard line up at times would a 3guard line up of Francis, Mobley, and Hawk bet better than moochie?

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Typical Rudy type stuff. He will play a player alot because of an injury, but when the player comes back, the other guy gets little or no game time. I would have liked to see Hawkins play a little last night.

6. DJ

DJ Member

Didn't Hawkings shut down Iverson when we played the Sixers?

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Hawkins doesn't dribble enough and would therefore disrupt the ISO-rich offensive system Rudy has worked so hard through injuries, youth, and lack of practice time to bring up to this current high level. Plus with all the passing and defense and what-not, Hawkins just doesn't fit.

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

j-will isn't that great of a player. why does he suck against the rest of the league except when playing houston? there is no way someone of j-will's caliber should be putting up 25 and dishing out 10+ dimes against us. yes, he's quick but everyone else seems to stop him. the guy shoots under 40 percent for goodness sake.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hawkins should not have been covering Williams, he should have been covering PERSON !!!

DaDakota

10. Truth

Truth Member

Thank You!!! Person averages 9 ppg, but last night he gets 19 or 20.