1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Sarah Palin Channel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 28, 2014.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Dreams do come true -- let's get truthy!
    _____

Why Sarah Palin launched her own online TV network

The Sarah Palin Channel, which went live Sunday, aims to 'cut through the media’s politically correct filter.' It also includes a clock calculating the time left in the Obama administration, out to the second.

Sarah Palin hasn’t held office for five years, but the former Alaska governor’s reach only seems to grow.

The one-time GOP vice presidential nominee has launched her own Internet TV network, named – drumroll, please – The Sarah Palin Channel. It’s a subscription-based service, and she’s charging $9.95 a month or $99.95 a year.

“I want to talk directly to you on our channel, on my terms – and no need to please the powers that be,” Ms. Palin says in a video on the site, which went live Sunday. “Together, we’ll go beyond the sound bites and cut through the media’s politically correct filter.”

No word yet on how many people have signed up, but given her intensely loyal fan base, it seems a promising venture. And it offers far more than Palin communicating directly with her fans. There’s also a link to a blog by her daughter Bristol Palin. Her mother, Sally Heath, offers a “word of the day” – starting with “rectitude.” Subscribers can also submit questions to Palin and take part in video chats with her and other subscribers, Variety reports.

There’s also a “quote of the day” (first up, Thomas Paine) and an “image of the day” – a social-media-ready drawing of colonists and their muskets with the caption: “Remember when the Colonists stood in line to register their muskets...? … me either.”

Atop the home page is a debt clock and the number of days, hours, minutes, and seconds left in the Obama administration. Palin also has a section on her topic du jour, what she calls “the scary I-word,” impeachment.

“It’s time to take action and do what we can to stop this imperial president,” says Palin, who serves as the site’s executive editor. “That includes the House doing its job and impeaching.”

Earlier this month, Palin took the long-simmering tea party chatter about impeaching President Obama and blasted it into the open in a column at Breitbart.com. That was music to the ears of the Obama White House and Democratic campaign committees, which are fundraising up a storm around impeachment. Never mind that, by all indications, House Speaker John Boehner (R) of Ohio has zero intention of going there and so impeachment is likely to remain a mirage on the horizon until Obama leaves office in 2015.

Maybe Democrats will cheer, too, about Palin’s new online channel. After all, it’s a new way for Palin to spread her polarizing brand, establish a home base for her community of followers, and get them whipped up. Or maybe not. Maybe, as a paid service, it isolates her partisans and keeps them away from the rest of the world.

The first possibility seems more likely. Palin is still a paid contributor on Fox News, and can still inject herself into public discourse whenever she wants via columns, Facebook, and other social media. She’s also earning free media in the 2014 midterms as she endorses candidates and makes personal appearances around the country. And as much as Democrats relish her at-times-over-the-top rhetoric, she knows how to motivate voters. The closest the Dems have to their own Palin is Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D) of Massachusetts, though she’s not an exact analog (we say, anticipating a wave of angry e-mails).

One more point caught our attention from the rollout of the new Palin channel. According to Variety, it’s being produced in partnership with Tapp, an online video venture started in March by former executives from NBC and CNN, outlets that don’t exactly line up ideologically with Palin. Another co-founder used to be chief technology officer at The Onion, another outlet that, it’s safe to say, isn’t staffed with Palin voters.

But when there’s money to be made, ideology rides in the back seat.

link

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At this point she's trolling.

3. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Will "refudiate" be one of those words?

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Sarah Palin Channel watch party...

[​IMG]

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think the word she was looking for there was "rectaltude."

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only the suckers will be paying $9.95 a month for this. Until then, I'll get all of the news from my Uncle Bill's middle-of-the-night email forwards, thank you very much.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Does she get Nude? Otherwise......blah.

8. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I want to see some of dat late night programming.

9. downbytheriver

Lol... and the beat goes on

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[Palin] claims her use of "refudiate" is simply her "contributing to the living language" and justifying her ignorance by saying that "Shakespeare liked to coin new words too".

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Odds that this channel gets distribution before CSN Houston?

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You do not want to see a middle aged mother of 4 nekkid without all the support and war paint. Trust me on this.

If I were a photoshopper, I would do one with Sarah doing the JFF "money!"

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

disagree.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

What if it were Tina Fey as Sarah Palin naked? Now that, I'd watch.

15. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Met. She's not bad, all things considered. But you could find MUCH hotter milf material at your average Texas mall every weekend.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

How the heck will she have enough material to fill out an entire channel? Doesn't the Oprah channel play Lifetime type movies? Maybe Bristol will get another reality show?

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

"Online TV network" seems like an overblown videoblog; but good for her, considering her actual professional background. Surprised she's seemingly still not radio ready, that could be a trough of money like it was for the Fox guys in the early '00s when they displaced Hamblin, M. Reagan et al.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How does fox news dedicate an entire network to bashing Obama?

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Palin's brand of insanity is kind of blasé these days.

1 person likes this.
  20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Point taken.