1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need a backup PG!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 15, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Luther Head is not the backup PG for Rafer. Watching him bring the ball up and getting confused running the offense, it is crappy to see. Looks like JLIII isn't going to see any playing time....so who can we grab to give Rafer a breather?

2. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Too early to put him in.

4. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

why did you say "looks like J3 aint going to see any court time"

i would of thought that Vspan > J3 at this point in time

5. jingle77

jingle77 Member

Too early ? How about his work in Greece Vs US ?

what is we need and he need ? Play him in Regular season!
    10 games or 20 games, Guess who we will get ?

Now, It seems too early to play him.
    10 games later, too early to play him.
    20 games later, too early.
    It's always to be too early.
    It's really a pity!

If we play Novak and V-span from the beginning , You will have no such question now.

Losing a few regular games is nothing . We need our bench polished and shining in off-season !!!

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It'll never happen under VAN Gundy. There will have to be a ton of injuries before Vspan gets anything more than a few meaningless scrub minutes. Novak will fair only slightly better.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

8. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Novak: -11 points when he was in the game.
    Vspan: Turnover machine in the preseason

Need I say more? Fact is, none of them are ready yet. They'll be good, but give them some time.

JL3 is slightly better. But for some reason, for all things said about him in the summer league, how he controlled the team well, he sure looked VERY out of control to me during the preseason.

Luther is fine really. Tmac is gonna be the playmaker most of the time anyway, leaving the PG to start the offense, hand it off, and go camp in the corner and wait for the open 3. Luther fills this role well enough IMO, and he's a great option off the bench, just cause of the fact that his game is so offensive-sparkplug oriented, and really provides a different dimension than Rafer's.

9. rocketsmetalspd

When will they be ready?? Next season?? This is a joke in order to gain valuable experience you need to play in games. Practice can only do so much. If JVG will not play rookies then when will they be able to gain the game time experience. Imagine if JVG was the coach when Cassell was here.

10. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

I'm guessing if a deal is made at all, it won't be for a few more months. The Rockets are not exactly struggling-- losing to Spurs and Head having one bad shooting game is no cause for panic-- and the market for teams wanting to shed some contract via the Rockets $4.2 million trade exception won't open up until teams start to realize they suck.

This isn't like the struggling 04/05 team early in the season that required a quick infusion of Jon Barry and David Wesley to turn things around. They can probably wait even until the trade deadline to get the guy they want in a trade.

That said, I would not mind having a proven NBA PG defender at the 1. Earl Watson would be nice.

11. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

you should check other competitve mature teams' stats.
    even some of the 1st round picks can't get regular PT.
    why should JVG play 2 2nd round picks so early in the season?
    Miami is such an example. when Shaq is sidelined, only 8-player rotation remaining. even sophomores can't get any minute.

12. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

I also have such a feeling.

Watson is good, let's pray :p

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

When Bonzi is rfeady and integrated into the line-up then TMac will be the b/u 1.

One bad Half and doom and gloom. Perfection is requisite 48/82 + 16.

14. azjw

azjw Member

Looking at the schedule, December & January don't look very tough.
    Let's hope they can have a pretty healthy winning record under belt by January and start to play or rookies a little bit more.

I'd hold my fire until then. :cool: