1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. drumbum

drumbum Member

I would go Jordy over Andre given his performance and our teams situation recently.

2. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Gents,
    I need RB and Flex advice for the championship game! Thanks!

RB list:
    Edwin Baker vs. @Pit
    Donald Brown vs. Jac
    Shane Vereen vs. Buf
    Rashad Jennings vs. Den
    Knile Davis vs. @SD

Flex options:
    above RB's
    Julius Thomas vs. @Oak
    Jordy Nelson vs. @Chi
    Michael Crabtree vs. @Ari

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Been riding Rivers most of the year because of Rodgers injury...but he's back this week. against a terrible Bears defense......should I start him?

4. Precision340

Precision340 Member

When healthy Rodgers is a no-brainer... but coming off an injury I would think he'll be a bit rusty.. and how will his body react to taking a big hit? It's a risky play for sure.. but I'm starting Jordy Nelson this week in my lineup in hopes that he'll come out beasting. Rivers will going against a KC team where the backups will be getting most of the playing minutes.

But if I had Rodgers on my team, I would start him!

5. SK34

SK34 Member

I won 1st place.. .I hadn't been on for the last 6 weeks.. I just set my best lineup and left it at that.. If they got injured, sucks for me but none did and I won the league.. Beast

6. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

My team is:

Dragic/Lowry/ reggie jackson
    Wes matthews/Bledsoe
    Aminu
    Love/Ibaka/baby Davis
    Splitter/Hill/Koufos

should I pick up Nick Young(sg,sf)

and should I drop Hill or aminu or koufos for him?

is the Andrew Bynum trade go through with that help or ruin jordan.hill?

7. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a touch decision to make. I have OJ Mayo on my team but his numbers are so up and down. We have JJ Redick on our wavier line. Should I drop OJ to pick up Redick?

8. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Football Advice (survey):

I'm in a dynasty league (or drafting into one) and I have some choices to make around to top few picks (basically two teams are combined into a draft where myself and another owner are drafting to enter the league):

How would you rank the following options (thinking long term dynasty):
    Drew Brees
    Alshon Jeffrey
    Dez Bryant
    Tony Romo
    CJ2K
    CJ Spiller
    Arian Foster
    Better pick package*

*We will also draft a pick package out of the two avaliable. For the 2014 Rookie draft, one pick package has an additional 1st round pick and two additional 2nd round picks compared to the other package (6 total rounds for rookie selection).

How would you order the 8 options above for the initial new owner draft?

9. Warheart

Warheart Member

I'm getting in deep trade talks with another player in my fantasy league and he wants to trade me his durant/Beverley/valanciunas for my cousins/Westbrook/tristanthompson should I do the deal?

10. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Bump for new season.

I have the 2nd pick, the guy with the first pick claims he is locked in on Peyton Manning, assuming he is being for real, who would you take? I'm leaning towards Shady McCoy.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think I take Jamaal Charles without question.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Gotta go mccoy

13. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I would go McCoy as well, and then 2nd, I would actually go AP. Jamaal Charles had an AWESOME season last year, but I'm not willing to see if that was a fluke (health wise), or not, using my 2nd overall pick.

I have my own question though. In my league we do keepers, when you decide to keep a player, you sacrifice the round in which that player was drafted. I had McCoy last season (1st round pick) and I'm leaning very heavily towards keeping him, but I also had Giovanni Bernard (9th round pick), which player should I keep?

P.S., I've got the 7th pick in my draft and by the time I pick Peyton, AP, Jamaal Charles, Matt Forte, LeSean McCoy, and Aaron Rodgers are guaranteed to be gone....

14. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

My 5th and final keeper choice is between maclin and harvin.,non ppr

15. primtim24

Harvin, you know that despite their power run game, they're still going to try to find ways to get him the ball. Maclin could get a lot of numbers in that Eagles offense, but he's so unknown right now that I think making him a keeper could be quite a big risk.

16. FishBulb913

Can you not keep both? It's a tough choice. But what's the better value? McCoy as no. 7 overall essentially OR Bernard as your 9th round pick. I would say Bernard in the 9th.

17. primtim24

I can't keep both, we only do 1 keeper. And I know Bernard offers more "value", but when Shady is scoring 15-20 points/game and Bernard is at 10-15, I won't care about value very much....

I just don't want to be the "idiot" who didn't keep the highest rated player....:(

18. FishBulb913

In another league I'm in I have the 9th pick. This is only my second year in the league, according to other owners they never have QBs taken in the first round, yet this is a league that gives bonuses for large yardage numbers and long TDs.

I think I want to take either Manning or Brees at 9 because I feel like there won't be an elite RB at that spot.

Should I do that even though it may be a "reach" in this particular league based on prior drafts? Or wait and see if one is available when it comes back around to me in the 2nd? And which would you take if both were available?

I'm leaning Brees.

19. primtim24

How many teams in the league?

20. FishBulb913

12 teams.