1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Online buying addiction

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by wizkid83, Jul 25, 2014.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I can't stop but look at stuff from slickdeal and dealsea, as well as bid on random stuff on ebay. Who else just can't resist a GOOD DEAL (like 4 pairs of Cole Hanns for $200). That said, I'm still keeping it under control but lately I'm spending most of my disposable income. Used to be able to put a way $500 to $1K a month towards my liquid nest egg, now not at all :D

I think after buying a home, there's nothing major to save up for so just kind of feel less pressure to be penny tight (note, still automatically puts ~20% income away to 401K, company stocks, and a couple of mutual funds so still saving for retirement, but I've always just pretend those money never existed).

Edit: guess the next thing is to save up for kids.... so maybe will have to start being more frugal again (just decided spend $15 on the transformers humble bundle as I'm typing this...sigh)

2. RocRouge

RocRouge Contributing Member

If I could purchase everything online, I would...I'm talking groceries and the works. I am addicted to Amazon, Groupon, and Ebay. Just scored some tix to the NIN and Soundgarden concert in the Woodlands on eBay...and I literally buy something from Groupon every week, if not more. Amazon is always my go-to though...if I find it on Groupon, I double check Amazon for reviews and such, and often end up buying from Amazon because the price is cheaper or the shipping is free (prime member), etc. Online shopping is my nook though (because I don't care much for "people" - they scare me)...however, it's a pain in the butt when the shoes or the jeans don't fit. LOL

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I never buy anything.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Someone told me Amazon is a river in Egypt.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Some polack told me you had to be son of one or save one's life.

6. bongman

bongman Member

Got a book that will help you with your addiction. $19.95 a copy and I accept PayPal :p

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Maybe take some college courses, get some kind of professional certification or indulge more in some existing hobby. Or just start donating to non-profits with charity dinners or golf tourneys so you can get some networking and entertainment out of your extra spending. Accumulating stuff beyond functional or some kind signature decorative needs ultimately creates clutter and regret, and some things are discounted for a reason: like $300 HP Pavillions that can't stream videos and print .pdf files at the same time.

8. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

not a bad idea? known any online can take at 75% off? ;)