1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Vinny Del Negro serious candidate for Timberwolves job

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, May 29, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://tracking.si.com/2014/05/29/vinny-del-negro-serious-candidate-timberwolves/

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Gotta feel bad for T-Wolves fans these days...

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

wolves trying to guarantee that love will leave?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

They've given up. :p

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Del Negro's candidacy isn't so much about selling K-Love, as it's developing Ricky Rubio, sources say. He had Rose and Paul in CHI and LA.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/472074854339211264">May 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Look momma, that Del Negro is back.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If the T-Wolves are seriously considering Vinny, I'm not going to take them seriously.

They really believe he helped develop Rose and CP3? Is that a gag post by Woj?

Vinny must interview incredibly well.

7. Convictedstupid

I would pay a good amount of money to read the manuscripts of these interviews. Or a video.

8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Adelman was the very best they could have realistically get and he wasn't able to do anything with them. Del Negro is nothing to get excited about, but I don't know how many significantly better options are interested, unless they go with someone with no head coaching experience and roll the dice. I agree that Del Negro being present when Rose and Paul were playing does not mean he "developed them", but it wouldn't shock me if the twolves thought he was responsible.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Del Negro must be willing to come for cheap. That's the only logical explanation behind how they went from landing Dave Joerger to scraping the bottom of the barrel with VDN.

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Told definitively that there are &quot;no legs&quot; to the reports linking Wolves and Vinny Del Negro.</p>&mdash; Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) <a href="https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/statuses/472086559492415488">May 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Again, Del Negro interviewed last week, but that's as far as it's gotten. They appear to be looking elsewhere at this point</p>&mdash; Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) <a href="https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/statuses/472087359178407937">May 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

One of the greatest all time Spurs players. I don't know why he retired, he could probably still play.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

VDN? Another coaching job? Del Negro please!

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

I may have the highest opinion of VDN among basketball fans, if only because I believe he doesn't suck and isn't one of the worst coaches in basketball. I think he's your typical mediocre coach that you can pick up anywhere. But why do teams prefer guys like him, or Mike Brown, or Mike D'Antoni instead of trying to find a coach with upside?

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I guess this would seal it. I doubt Love wants to play for such a lousy coach.

In terms of pure coaching, VDN is on par with McHale - both are clueless, incompetent and certainly a couple of the worst coaches in the NBA.

However, McHale was a great HOF player and that definitely carries weight..

15. delishman

delishman Member

Even David Kahn is questioning this move.

#DarkoIsCWebb