1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[netflix]Marco Polo Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I like this show and the second season. It really wasn't as good as the first season and it isn't really believable anymore either with everyone having amazing fighting / Kung Fu skills. Marco's dad being an awesome fighter and mowing down like 20 soldiers was really annoying.

This whole Prester John thing is bordering on the supernatural too. Second season was worse but still a fun show to watch.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Only to be one upped by horses on fire! That was awesome.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Recently seen someone describe this as the Asian Game of Thrones

Rocket River

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I may have to start watching game of thrones then.

5. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

This is quite accurate. Regardless, Marco Polo is an easily watchable series that doesn't drag too much.

Enjoyed season 2, will watch season 3

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SPOILER that yo

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Awesome! We've yet to watch season II, so careful with the spoilers, folks. Calling it "the Asian Game of Thrones" is a reasonable comparison, although Game of Thrones as a production is on another scale altogether, in my opinion. I'm glad they are continuing Polo. I was very disappointed in how the HBO production Rome played out, another series that could have been epic. Season one was great and showed so much promise (and some great nude scenes! One of the groovy things about Marco Polo), but everything seemed a bit out of wack during season 2.

The definitive fictional series about the fall of Republican Rome and the rise of the Empire has yet to be made. Someone should consider taking Austin author Steven Saylor's Roman Blood series and making an epic out of it. All the parts are there for one. I won't attempt to describe Saylor's series here, but highly recommend it for those who like historical fiction, and these are also murder mysteries. Extremely well done by a writer who is also an historian.

Thanks for the updates, tinman.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I finished this up last night. Season 1 was a bit meh for me. I wasn't really looking forward to season 2 so I missed the premiere as I wasn't watching for it.

Season 2 was very good. It took me a couple episodes to remember who was who. There was not too many dull moments in the show. I am looking forward to season 3.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I thought season 1 was better than 2. But the last maybe 4 episodes of 2 has been the peak of the series. Despite valid complaints about Polos dad being both back in the story line and all of a sudden a killing machine. Great final episodes. But the lead up like the first half of season 2... Really dragged for me.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WHCvh4M7aOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part 1 of the Wrath of the Khans by Hardcore History's Dan Carlin. If you got some hours to kill and a good attention span it's worth a listen.

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Good show, but am I the only one that think that marco looks too much like chandler parson to root for?

14. conquistador#11

Just finished the first and second seasons. Really liked it for what it was, a cleverly disguised kung fu epic with boobs and some euro. The actor playing Khan did an amazing job. I had to run the IMDB to make sure that was who I thought it was, the asian from Prometheus. F' pablo, wong must have put on a 100 lbs. crazy.