1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. MystikArkitect

UT won the championship and played in another shortly after.

If the Aggies had done that they'd rent a plane with that banner strapped behind it and fly it over Austin every day for 20 years.

Also TCU and Baylor are raping, err repping the state just fine.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You're right. UT did win a championship, which is what makes them pounding their chest about jumping the Aggies by a few spots in recruiting for one year even more ridiculous. And you're also right about the fact that the Longhorns won't need to fly banners if they ever do anything relevant ever again.....LHN will do it for them.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cal hired Spav as OC.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Congrats to Von & Gary! :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">World Champions.<br><br>Congratulations &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GigEm?src=hash">#GigEm</a> to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SB50?src=hash">#SB50</a> MVP <a href="https://twitter.com/Millerlite40">@Millerlite40</a> &amp; Coach Gary Kubiak!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFLAggies?src=hash">#NFLAggies</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ItsAboutUs?src=hash">#ItsAboutUs</a> <a href="https://t.co/RcLn7pNAhH">pic.twitter.com/RcLn7pNAhH</a></p>&mdash; AggieFBLife (@aggiefblife) <a href="https://twitter.com/aggiefblife/status/696536710667223040">February 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

7. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Let me guess, Aggies: None of them are 'SEC good,' right? Good job, Coach! :p:p:p:grin::grin::grin:

[​IMG]

Reactions from recruits: http://imgur.com/a/bxnZu

#4447 Hustle Town, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz. We hemorrhage more stars at QB's than God. What's the WR coach thinking? Millenials want to play for a coach that has their back. Like if you go to Baylor you can run the rape n shoot and the coach will have your back.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya not sure how Sumlin didn't call Moorehead and tell him to STFU, right or wrong. Picked up some national coverage this morning.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Honestly fine for A&M. Sumlin likely gets fired after this season then they swoop in on a big name coach like Tom Herman. As an Auburn fan, that is something I do not want in the SEC.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In my head I imagine Sumlin is dead asleep the whole time and wakes up to pure chaos. 300 texts, 5,000 Tweets, 35 voicemails. Lulz.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

the Aggies were crowned the angriest fan base for a reason

so much pent-up rage

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Well, that and a full set of teeth.

17. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

What a bunch of grandstanding this has turned out to be by the kids (and yes, I use the term "kids" deliberately). Martel, OK I get it with him even though he made a big deal when he committed that he was shutting everything down and looking to build a class at A&M. Kinda hard to build a class when you're taking officials to other schools and calling them your "dream school". Then he got all butthurt when A&M tried to cover their bases and offered Tua as a long shot and the writing was basically on the wall there. Lindsey and Netherly though, just used this as an opportunity to get some attention back on themselves. Lindsey barely showed any interest in A&M even when his "brother" was there. To say he's no longer considering them, well I imagine a lot of people didn't even know they were still in "consideration". Netherly has been trying to bigger better deal A&M since practically day 1. He went on and on about how TCU would have been a "dream offer", and has been big into LSU for a couple of months now. Good luck getting the ball there. He's been looking for an out and used this as an excuse to leave and not look bad doing it.

Basically, I agree with Moorehead. High school athletes today are getting to be bigger and bigger prima donnas the more ESPN and recruiting websites focus on them, and seemingly act desperate to get that attention back when they feel like it's focused on someone else. Still, though, he shouldn't have gone onto Twitter and put it out there. He should have just grit his teeth and moved on to the next target. He's going to be recruiting poison for at LEAST this cycle.

18. jbasket

jbasket Member

Jees, so much salt in this post. There is no loyalty in the business; coaches ditch all the time to improve their career; how can they hold kids to a different standard when they are making the best decision to improve their career as well? As much of a double standard if I have ever heard one. Verbal commitments should not be held as a final-say-all commitment, re DeAndre Jordan. Gotta sign the forms.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yee, he's butthurt, lulz. The kids do look stupid in general (not just this case, but across the board), but they don't care. If I was a parent of a highly recruited player I wouldn't let them commit early. No sense in it. If my kid was playing pee-pee games and pulling heart strings on Twitter like Daylon Mack was last year, I also wouldn't care much as a parent - it's a GAME and my kid's life, I don't care if a coach or fanbase gets butthurt.

Moorehead, bruh, you're a WR coach, not the kid' father in law. Lulz.