1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sbnation]You will come to hate Stephen Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sugrlndkid, May 25, 2015.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Not even close. A great player on a GREAT team more like it.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Absolutely and because they rely so much on that depth, I don't see them building a dynasty or even repeating. They have a special team now, but guys are going to start wanted to get paid. Even if/when they shed David Lee's big contract, it's going to be very, very expensive to mantain their "core"- because as you explained, their core is basically 10 or 11 guys.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Plus curry only makes 11 mil a year that accounts for the added money they can throw around. When his contract is up, I belive 2 more season it's going to be tough for them. They got iggy who comes off the bench at 15 mil they got klay at max money. Gotta resign green who many think will get Max ( I personally hope they do because that would be a mistake on their part) plus bogut at 12 mil. I have no idea how they are gonna keep all these guys

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I forgot about Barnes who is big for them and Gonna want to get paid

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

It's more of a confident air but it can seem like arrogance. I thought it was arrogance at first but I've talked to some Warriors ppl and realized they are just super confident. Mark Jackson helped them get some swagger back and Kerr has just unleashed crazy confidence in the team as a whole. They know they're good and they know it's tough for any team to win 4 games against them.

6. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Tonight: 7 minutes of Curry post game press conference, Harden only 1 and a half minute!!

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't really have anything against Curry personally. His shooting is incredible. His ballhandling and passing are pretty good. I don't think he has done anything to really annoy me the way that other superstars have

But my goodness, can ESPN go for 5 minutes without talking about him? Everything he does is newsworthy on Sportscenter. They even had a segment dedicated to talking about, and watching, his warmup. WARMUP!

That is the reason I have come to not be able to stand him this year. Not because of anything he has done. Not because he is becoming more arrogant. Not even because he stared down that one fan on Toyota Center's sideline. Mainly because I am just so sick of hearing about him all of the time.

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

They are paying David Lee 15 million (highest contract on their team) and he hardly even plays at all.

9. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

The only critique I have of his offensive game is he often admires his 3 pt shot instead of going after the rebound or getting back on defense.

10. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Curry is like the John Cena of basketball. He's good at what he does but fans can only take having him rammed down their throats by management and marketing before they start resenting him. It's one thing for ESPN to tell us, "Hey, this guy is an amazing scorer!" Sure, the stats back that up, can't argue with it. When sports writers start fawning over his family and stuff ("Hey, isn't his kid so much cuter than everyone else's?")...bleugh.

11. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

ESPN had a segment on his pre-game ritual.

I mean... really?

12. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

He annoys and amazes me while I shake my head. Dude is good man. His shots all look so easy to him. The MVP runner up's efforts look difficult.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is an amazing shooter but there a lot better scorers.

His 23.8 p per game was one of the lowest, maybe the lowest points scored in history's MVP ranking.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think in that Laker Series. . . . Nash played against the REFS and Curry seems to play WITH the Refs

Meaning The Refs were favoring the Lakers IMO . . .. more than any foe Curry has faced this year

Rocket River

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Do we see a bunch of these players taking pay cuts to stay in Golden State?
    I think Iggy will . .. maybe Livingston . . .
    but Green . . . . I heard he was getting 800K this year? I'd be shocked if he signs for less than Parson's money

Rocket River

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Iggy and Livingston are signed for 2 more seasons. Green will look to get paid. No way does he turn down a big contract when he's been playing for less than a mil every season up til now. He's basically in the same situation Parsons was in a year ago, and we saw how loyal he was to the Rockets once Cuban waved that $46 million deal in his face.

17. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Wilbon "Terrified" when Curry fell says ESPN article. Curry had a hard fall but c'mon, not like he had a Paul George or Kevin Ware Freak injury. You see hard falls like that quite a bit in the NBA.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Without being able to move Lee first, I see zero way that the GSW keep Green...

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

They used to have assets to make such a move... now, not so much.

The Green situation will be one of the biggest offseason stories, even if not treated as such. He is very key to their gameplan, offensively and defensively, as the perfect complimentary role player in that system.

See last year without him in that role vs. this year with him.

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Greatly looking forward to watching D. Green become a millionaire. Can't have that guy in Golden State long term.

Wouldn't shed too many tears to see Bogut return to his injury-prone norm, either.