1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Morey should be fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Apr 19, 2012.

?

Should Morey be fired

1. Yes

364 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. No

821 vote(s)
    69.3%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Nets, the NEW JERSEY MOTHER ****ING NETS !!!!!! Have now gotten an all star, and are probably going to resign a Superstar PG, and are the best big man in the game's preferred destination.

WTF? All of this happened while Mr. Moneyball was on the clock.....

DD

2. DaDakota

Oh, and I still do not think Morey should be fired, but if he fails this year to get anything significant done, then yeah, I think it might be time to get somemone else in here.

DD

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL what is wrong with you today DD, you seem more delusional than usual. Oh yeah, the NEW JERSEY MOTHER****ING NETS!!! THe NEWJERSEY MOTHER****ING NETS owned by the Russian Mark Cuban!!! THe NEW JERSEY MOTHER****ING NETS that will be the BROOKLYN MOTHER****ING NETS next year!!! Yeah, the prospect of playing in Brooklyn on a team owned by a russian billionaire has no influence whatsoever, DH and DWill just want to go play for the NEts and the genius that is Billy King.

Dude, c'mon you're better than this.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Exactly! Thats why Morey should be fired.

5. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Firing Morey makes no sense to me.

Les isn't giving him 100% free reign to do what he wants.

In order to keep his job Morey must keep the team in the hunt for the playoffs. Les will allow no tanking.

If Morey were fired, any new GM would be given the same orders. And what's the chances that this new GM will be able to make the kind of good (but of course not blockbuster) trades that Morey has?

Considering the circumstances and the specific restraints that have been placed on him my opinion is that Morey has done an excellent job. It's not his fault that superstars wanna only play in places like NYC, LA, or Miami.

Now, has he done a perfect job as GM? No, of course not. But like I said, he doesn't have 100% free reign to do whatever he wants, either...

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

No. In the real world we do not allow mulligans or excuses for losing the point. Real world Morey has failed at his job and an excuse made for why he failed is irrelevant. At this point if people want to give him a pass with an excuse? Thats a failure by now. Its year 5. By year 5 thats a failure. It starts to pile up from this point into more failures each year in succession he keeps this team around the same record and direction.

7. psingh34

psingh34 Member

I like morey even more this offseason and I will tell you why. He is strong enough to stick to a plan and if it doesnt work out he doesnt just panic and blow up the roster ... look at nj for example, they were not going to get howard so they panicked and now have the highest paid player in the nba oh and he is not names kobe, lebron, durant... do you want someone just to make moves even if it means over paying .. perhaps he should give jru holiday max contract will that make you guys happy?

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Thats not the point anymore. The point is results by now. Even Rick Smith went out and signed Johnathan Joseph and Daneial Manning. He drafted JJ Watt, Cushing, Brooks Reed, Barwin. He went to the playoffs and got past the first round.

Results. Its needed in every endeavor, especially sports.

9. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Okay. You bring in a new GM and he has to operate under the same conditions as DM has had to.

What can this new GM do that Morey hasn't? Get a superstar? Okay, how? Superstars don't wanna sign in Houston so the only way to get one is either to trade for one or draft one.

Unless the team gets lucky in the lottery and gets the #1, #2, or #3 pick, chances are that Houston continues to get late lottery picks because the boss won't allow tanking.

If Houston doesn't get lucky via the draft, that leaves trades. The trouble with trades is that the other team has to want what your team is offering. And while Houston has decent young talent and solid vet guys to offer, it always seems that another team has stuff to offer that's just a little bit better. Or (like in the case of Howard) the star is publicly against coming here. How does a new GM get around that?

Besides, when it's all said and done the fans opinions in this matter are a moot point. Les wants Morey as the GM long term. I highly doubt he will can DM because some of the fans are calling for it...

10. tarheelz

tarheelz Member

Kevin Martin right?

I've been thinking about the way the rockets have been going about it the last year or two. Can't think if too many other teams at the league that within a free Weeks have offered to trade just about everyone on the roster. I understand we were being aggressive to get DH12 but its gotten to the point now that i'm not surprised people don't wanna play for us. Morey makes big claims of huge players n then nothing. Amare, Carmelo, Chris Paul. Dwight, bosh, etc. Just hoping the fact that we DO treat our players like assets wont scare future big names from signing. I'm quite disappointed in Morey. We went from possibly having Dwight, to now having no point guard and a bunch of unhappy players. Know its venting but think or organization can do better than this

11. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

12. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

I honestly think morey is good at what he does, if he didnt piss off soo many agents and players..

but his Job at GM is to upgrade the team and win championships... he has a difficult job because he has to find not only Morey type players but McHale type players... so finding a few that fit both molds are hard.

13. rocketman73

rocketman73 Member

Fire Morey!

i do feel Morey should be fired because he hasn't really done anything to keep our team together. instead of trading our players we should be re-signing them to extensions. we should keep Drajic, and also we should have kept Samuel Dalembert. we also need to keep Scola part of our team instead of trading him. he already made it clear that he wants to stay here and we should keep him. we should also just get out of the race to get Dwight Howard since he already made it clear on what team he wants to go to and it doesn't include our team. we should go ahead and re-sign Marcus Camby to the deal that he wants and just make him our starting center. if Morey doesn't keep this team together then i do feel he should get fired.

14. WNBA

WNBA Member

Morey as coach and McHale as GM.

after we get to great draft positions, switch them back.

15. SacTown

SacTown Member

That's because they are in a big market, affiliated with JayZ and a russian billionaire, and it's "Brooklyn" now, not New jersey which makes a difference as well.

16. SacTown

SacTown Member

People don't want to play here because of how Morey treats the players. Dragic is as good as gone if he gets a similar offer from another team like the suns or lakers.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If White/Lamb/Jones/ D-mo

If any of these guys work out then he should be extended if anything.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Ok by that same token he should be fired if none of them turn into game changers then. Right?

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not really.

They are all mid round picks so if he hits on one then that's pretty good.

It's not like they are all Top 5 picks that SHOULD develop into all-stars. They are mid round picks that we hope are gems.

20. DaDakota

So, no accountability for another year of failure?

DD