1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Study Proves people on outbound 45 North have lowest IQ's on Earth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigSherv, Sep 21, 2006.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Guys,

For the past month I have been conducting an independent study on the IQ of Drivers on 45N outbound of Downtown in the morning. I have concluded that their IQ level must be lower than those of other freeways. Someone must have a low IQ to do the following:

*Drive 55 miles per hour or less in the fast lane.
    *Not move over to the next lane when they see a faster car approaching
    *Have no issued with people driving 3 feet behind them because of the pure anger they experiencing from following behind such an idiotic driver(I don't do this)
    *Drive parallel to a an 18 wheeler and feel no need to speed up or slow down to allow others to pass the 18 wheeler
    *When encountering clouds, to drive 10 miles slower than they already are because it may rain
    * To slow down to below 30 MPH to watch a accident scene on the other side of the median

I found it amazing that just 3 miles away on 59N, drivers who travel below the speed limit stay out of this lane completely. They often even stay two lanes over.

I need to do further studies on what causes this extreme drop in IQ among drivers on 45N. If you have any suggestion to aid my research please let me know.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

How do these people look like? What cars are they driving?

3. surrender

surrender Member

They're also around at night. I leave UH at 8:30PM on Mondays and Wednesdays, and there are always morons cruising in the left lane without passing. I'm not stupid enough to tail them, but if they don't move after I flash my high beams, I pass them on the right and flick them off

4. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

If you drove I-10 west, you'd never be able to get above 30mph so most of your issues wouldn't exist.

5. BigSherv

I have driven on 1-10 west a lot. Those problems deal with too many people on a freeway with not enough lanes. That makes sense. 45N has tons of lanes and not that many drivers. People are just dumb. They should be forced to drive on the shoulder

6. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

You must be in the HOV lane because my speedometer never passes 3 mph.

FYI 10 and the Beltway underpass is a complete nightmare of criss crossing roads, unmarked signs, and complete and utter confusion....

7. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

What is the worst freeway during rush hour? 45N 610N or I10?
    Unfortunately, I have the privledge of taken all three on my route to work.

8. BigSherv

I-10 and 290

9. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More specifically, the 610/I-10/290 clusterf*^% - whoever decided to have 2 major freeways merge right a half mile north of an exit to another major freeway was insane. They should have just connected 290 to I-10.

10. BigSherv

290 really blows my mind. It is relatively new highway and it is short. How the hell did they plan that so poorly.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

290 IS connected to I-10...well, on the west end, at least. ;)

12. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

Oh yea....forgot to add 290 to my route....Is the beltway worth the $?

13. distence

distence Contributing Member

out of your study i bet you 90% of the subjects were TALKING ON THEIR CELL PHONE!

14. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

I agree with you completely!!! I drive that F#$@ing highway every day.

What boggles my mind is how people have wrecks on a highway? How freaking hard is it to drive in a straight line? :mad: Look before you change lanes, and put down that freaking cell phone. A tire blowing out.....sure it happens, changing lanes with out looking, sorry..... I dont' have the least bit of sympathy for you.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

And just WHY don't you drive on the HOV? Too good/cool/smelly to carpool? :cool:

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think 290 has surpassed I-10 as the worst rush hour freeway in Houston. It's been a long time coming, but I think it's finally happened.

Also, I drive I-45N outbound every morning. I just get in the far left lane and go as fast as possible without tailgating the guy in front of me. What's the point of tailgating in heavy traffic?

17. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I think 59 is the best freeway in Houston

sooooooooooo smooooth (when not going towards downtown :p)

18. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

No, the best part are these morons especially at the FM 1960 exit that play stop in the freeway to cut over into the exit lane and if you dont let em over they flip you the bird. Like you are the one at fault. What?

People that is insanity!

It's a shame bazookas are illegal. We really could contribute greatly to mankind's sanity. :D

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

5" tall Asian women driving Mercedes SUVs while talking on cellphones.

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

That's nothing...I feel my IQ dropped just by moving to Dallas... :p