1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oscar Torres

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DAROckets, Nov 2, 2002.

1. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Looks like the Rocks releasing him is the best thing that could have happened for him.He will get playing time he wouldn't get with us..he has 16pts in about 25min tonight against utah.

#1 DAROckets, Nov 2, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2002
  2. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Dang. I am happy for him. Hawkins is turning out to be good for us, and Oscar is better off in Golden State.

3. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I think we should've kept Oscar instead of Pete McKeal.

4. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

How about moving this to the Game Action forum? (like there aren't enough threads in there)

LAFadeaway, it wouldn't be fair to keep both Hawkins and Oscar, if either can get minutes elsewhere. I'm glad Oscar's playing well.

5. EgRiFf08

EgRiFf08 Member

Oscar doin REAL WELL in GS...

Last night Torres scores 16 pts in 25 mins agains the Jazz...

I knew it was a big mistake cuttin this guy!!

6. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I don't think it was a big mistake. We just don't need another scoring 2-guard. Barring a rash of injuries, Oscar is the same player as Cuttino. Hawkins got the nod because of his defense, and ability to complement the other offensive players on the Rockets.

Letting go of Oscar will probably end up being a good decision for both Oscar and the Rockets.

7. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Hawkins is more of a three on offense where as he can guard anyone on D. But what I'm conserned about is if Mobley and/or Francis goes down, I don't think Hawkins can step in and shoulder much of the scoring. Torres has proven he can do that.

8. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Good luck Oscar! It is good for him. Cat and Steve want the PT and are going to get it.

9. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

I am very pleased. I looked at the Warriors game just to see how well he is doing. I have been able to see Hawk who has impressed me. So you cannot win them all. They will both do well.

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

If the Rockets would have kept Oscar instead of Mickeal Oscar would be sitting on reserve right there. There wasn't a roster spot for him on the active list when the team is healthy.

11. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I now think that it was the best thing for Oscar. Hawkins will take all of his minutes. J-Hawk is playing some incredible basketball so far. I am starting to love this guy.