1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The curious case of Minnesota Timberwolves

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by meh, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Credit where it's due, Rubio with 17 dimes despite his shooting, Love was a monster again.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Love is the 2nd or 3rd best guy on a championship team, not the centerpiece. Same situation as with Bosh a few years back.

3. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to see it on a Rockets team....

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Agree, he'd be perfect with a center who can protect the rim and an elite PnR threat for him to step out.

[​IMG]

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

The only problem is that means 2/5 of the starting lineup already sucks at defense. You need a lockdown defensive PG and SF in order to be a good defensive team.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Necro bump as opposed to new thread.

Garnett comes off the books after this year, You have Pekovic, Rubio, Wiggins, LaVine, Dieng, Muhammad, Bennett (LOL), and Payne long term (2+ years) as well as an aging K-Mart. You are now presented with the #1 overall pick for the 2015 draft.

Do you take Okafor, Towns, or Russell/Mudiay? Do you trade your #1 pick to someone else for something else? Can Flip coach this team into contenders?

I don't see why you take Jahlil if you have Pekovic long term and Dieng who is still young and very talented.

I could see a push for Towns. And I thought LaVine and Rubio were the future of their team PG situation, so I'm not sure they're interested in Russell or Mudiay.

Thoughts?

GO!

7. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

This is a good draft, and Twolves are a bad team. Drafting based on need rather than talent would be a franchise-killing mistake.

8. i3artow i3aller

Minny's young pups are looking like a new wave OKC.

Believe KAT > Okafor, but it's close and Wiggins & Jahlil are tight.
    [​IMG]

9. Nook

Nook Member

You draft the very best player available, period.

They really only have 1 serious franchise brick at this point, Wiggins... everyone else is fair game.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Not sure what they are going to do with both Pekovic and Rubio on long contracts...They are essentially screwed with those anchor contracts.

11. LCAhmed

It's confirmed that Minny is taking KAT.

Rubio/LaVine
    K Mart/???
    Wiggins/Muhammad/Budinger
    Towns/Payne/Bennett
    Pekovic/Dieng

They have some good young talented pieces. If Rubio can step up and lead this team and if K-Mart can teach these kids something, Minnesota could turn into something special.

12. i3artow i3aller

<iframe src='http://streamable.com/e/rf3i' width='560' height='314' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling='no'></iframe>

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN sources say that, in advance of Thursday's draft, Minnesota has made former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett available via trade</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/613038928858357760">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I thought KAT was a center?

15. LCAhmed

Yeah he is. I imagine they'd probably want to play KAT as much as possible so plug him in where they can. That Pekovic contract really sucks.

16. LCAhmed

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

you forgot Kevin Garnett

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Minny is getting Tyus Jones by sending the 31st and 36th picks to Cleveland.

Um...bye bye Rubio?

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

If they can find a taker for him, not sure who wants him. I like Tyus Jones playing with Wiggins and Anthony-Towns though. That's a solid young core.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

There was a newsletter I saw on the floor of the men's bathroom at the TexMex restaurant I was at that said Rubio is headed to Houston.