1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tested911, Dec 21, 2005.

1. tested911

tested911 Member

Just listened to Sports radio 610 and they were talking with Allen Ashby and how alot of people are complaing about his firing and that Les Alexander heard the same with Calvin and eventually brought him back?

Did he come back?

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

No, I think initially they got rid of Calvin after the championship seasons, then brought him back due to public demand.

3. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Free Calvin!

4. scyman

scyman Contributing Member

Bring Calvin back! Bring Rudy back to the organization too! Those two should be a part of the Rockets in some capacity or another.

5. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Calvin, Rudy and Hakeem!

Ashby sounded at times during the season like he would get irritated with Milo, those corny jokes of Milo seemed to get on Ashe's nerves.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

MISLEADING THREAD TITLE!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

What the hell is this thread? Calvin is not back and there isn't any reports of that happening.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

That was in reference to when Les bought the team...he fired Murph...then due to public backlash, he rehired him.

And Drexler is the worst commentator of all time. Murph annoyed me, but he was/is better then anyone that has replaced him so far. Chancellor made me want to stick an ice pick in my ear, Drexler is a mute and Bullard makes me drowsy

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I will give the new guys a try....I liked Ash, but not as much as Gene Elston.

Ash was ok...nothing spectacular.

Milo...must go however...he is reaching Harry Carrey speech.

DD