1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Inside look at James Harden's trade to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGM, Oct 28, 2012.

1. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Full article

1 person likes this.
  2. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

Big fan of Woj's writing. Need more of him than Chris "multiple sorces" Brussad.

3. mirus

mirus Member

you beat me to it.
    from all accounts woj seems like a jerk,but i trust him over broussard

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Interesting.

One part of me is saying "Eww, dude your team won. Shut up and be happy."

Another part of me is saying "I was wondering if this dude had any swagger to him." I mean any top player in the NBA would grumble about too few shots and minutes. I always thought he was content with just being a role '6th man' guy. Guess not.

1 person likes this.
  5. mirus

mirus Member

so morey daughter veto the trade ;)

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

very interesting indeed.

this is a far more plausible reason for letting Harden go than any financial reason i heard so far.

they had to be worried. while for Morey it's not necessarily a negative, if he even knew about it (i'd guess he did).

7. mirus

mirus Member

dont think that attitude would misaligned with rockets interest.he's the franchise guy rit now (unless rockets got another bigger one later)

8. mirus

mirus Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/ian_thomsen/10/28/james-harden-traded-houston-rockets/index.html

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For them yeah, resigning him wouldn't have resolved that kind of problem...for us I could see the good in it.

All of the best players are selfish and think they deserve more shots and want the ball when it counts. I'm sure Pippen still thinks he's better than Jordan and Kobe thought he was better than Shaq and wanted to prove it...these guys have huge egos. IMO it's part of what makes them great.

I always thought Harden was 'alright' with being the guy who comes off the bench, does a few good things, and pats Durant and Westbrook on the back as everyone sings their praises.

10. hahachui

hahachui Member

Three First Round Picks!?:confused::confused::confused:

11. mirus

mirus Member

presti ,acc to article,originally wanted houston own pick.in the end we keep our own pick

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

yep, same. i thought he's extremely mature about his role. which is why i thought this was a terrible terrible trade for OKC. Financial reasons to trade him him really make little sense on their own, if you look closely. But with this bit of info in mind, it makes much more sense.
    If he pouted during the finals, Presti had to be worried.

for the Rockets, it's even encouraging. he still acted mature about it, he seems to get it, he just wants more responsibility.

13. Raven

Raven Member

We got ass raped.

14. TheGM

...because we didn't give up Parsons and our pick?

15. Raven

Raven Member

You are correct. That was the asking price.

16. shoops

shoops Member

I'm not sure what to make of it. Maybe it was a bit of embellished in writing by Woj?

If Harden wanted to be the man, kind of goes against his performance in the finals in games not game 2. Dunno...

17. TheGM

Is English not your first language? We didn't pay the asking price.
    So we "got ass raped" because Presti asked for more than what we actually gave?

18. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Don't worry, Raven's just pissed we didn't give up the farm for Dwight.

19. mirus

mirus Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Houston hasn't been allowed to start negotiating a deal yet with Harden's agent, Rob Pelinka, but will do so once paperwork is complete.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/262397140951764992" data-datetime="2012-10-28T03:35:28+00:00">October 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

although i would like to keep the toronto pick,btw i think the trade is fair .

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i think the trade is a steal for Houston.
    #12 pick who has talent but hasn't been all that impressive so far.
    Toronto pick, who might as well be #10 and up, Toronto looks ok.
    A low, heavily restricted pick from Dallas that might not even be available for several years.
    And Martin, who you would've let go after the season, and who may or may not get through the season healthy.

for a player who you may discuss if he's a future superstar or just an All Star like Joe Johnson. But even if he has a Joe Johnson type of career, you have a key piece for many years.
    If you find a guy like that with a high lotto pick, you did well. If you get a guy like that with some low lotto picks and an expiring, you are a genius.

2 people like this.