1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] tx law that lets cops draw blood w/o warrant tossed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OmegaSupreme, Nov 27, 2014.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...at-lets-police-draw-blood-without-5919510.php

wasn't a fan of the blood tests, but this let's folks skirt the law. i dunno. thoughts? :confused:

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You shouldn't be able to search my car without a warrant so you damn sure should be able to draw my blood.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yay. A bunch of drunks can now roam the streets without worrying about the consequences. At least make the breathlyzer mandatory. I'm tired of dumbasses thinking it's cool to say F the cops. Go live in mexico or brazil.

4. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I'm all for this. It's in the constitution. Fourth amendment

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Well before a bunch of cops could roam the streets detaining, searching, and arresting people without probable cause or warrants without worrying about the consequences. I'm tired of dumbasses thinking it's cool to say F my civil rights. Go live in Mexico or Brazil.

Mkay.

1 person likes this.
  6. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

This law will not necessarily eliminate no refusal weekend. A judge can be on standby ready to authorize a warrant at a moments notice.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Well if your a criminal by all means bubu go on about your business. Im a hard working individual so I have nothing to worry about. You don't know how bad it is living in poverty trying to raise a family. Do you have one?

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Where is this fear coming from where cops are out to get you and harass you?

9. CometsWin

Yes, the ole if you have nothing to hide then you shouldn't mind having no rights argument.

I was born into one, thanks.

It's the wonderful kind of second class citizenship that is my birthright as an American to have been born poor and Latino.

Happy Thanksgivng!

1 person likes this.
  10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Ask the Bill of Rights.

11. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Umm. No. I was born Latino and I am not the wealthiest dude in the world and no one in my family has ever had an unjustified run-in with the cops. Don't put yourself in those situations and you will never have a problem. Don't pull the race/ethnicity card.

12. Raven

Raven Member

Do you read the news? Ever?

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Don't the police usually have a judge on speed-dial for the no-refusal weekends?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's about freakin' time. I thought the law unconstitutional when they did it. Thank goodness, it was finally tossed, but what about those who have been impacted by the damn thing? They should have any conviction due to its implementation tossed as well, in my opinion, and let the chips fall where they may. If some "guilty" parties get off, it's the fault of the government of the State of Texas.

15. Cohete Rojo

This sounds like it has to do with people convicted two or more times of DUI.

Hey, let's all stand up for these people! Yay!

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's standing up for the constitution, not for "those people," in my humble opinion.

17. Cohete Rojo

No-refusal weekend isn't going anywhere. Best stay at home and not kill anyone.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Anything that impedes the people trampling on the rights of individuals . . . . I am for it.

I thought we were on this whole. . .everyone has a sacred right to their body and the gubment cannot violate it with out that person's consent

Rocket River

19. CometsWin

So you think the fact that minorities are disproportionately searched in an overwhelming way has to do with them putting themselves in those situations? Like leaving the house, walking down the street, and driving their cars? Those kinds of situations?

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You are coming off as a tool. Are you drunk?